test

m17x r4 lid tear down?

crash

hey guys i just wondered if anyone has took the back panel off of the r4 as i know its different to previous models, ive searched all over for a video ect.. but i just cant find anything ive had the lid off copmpletely and thats where i get stuck on the worry of breaking something... ok and for the reason as silly as it sounds as you probs know the alien head doesnt change color on this version which is fine but i always get urges to mod things lol so all i wanted to do was to add some film i have spare from previous iphone logo glow mods and wanted to add it to just the eyes from inside which am hoping would make the eyes glow blue and the outer still white from the lcd backlight.

any help would be much appreciated if nothing or too much hassle i wont bother, its just bugging me now as i like to know how things come apart :)

DDuB420

I want to do the exact same thing with my M17xR3 :cool:
I haven't researched it yet, but I do recall from one of Mr.Fox's posts from when he disassembled his m18x for paint. That the lid is glued to the display. I could be wrong, but I think I remember it correctly.

Let me know if you find out any more info on this.
I'm planning on modding the alienhead colour after I install my killer1202 card, sometime next week.