M17x R4 unlocked BIOS

Scott G

Recently decided to upgrade the video card on my M17x R4. I grabbed the GTX 870m (knowing I needed to mod the BIOS). I've been searching the Internet for the modded BIOS but all the links I've found are broken. Currently running BIOS version A12, willing to run it back to an earlier version if necessary. Does anyone have a line on any of the modded BIOS downloads?

thewizardoz

No reponse Scott??

I desperately need an Alienware M17x R4 A15 unlocked BIOS.

I hope that someone can help me too.

MattyB

I only have the A11 Unlocked BIOS. You can either roll back to A11 or you'll have to go onto TechInferno.com and ask a guy called Klem to mod your BIOS. I don't believe anyone actually modded and released A15.

MattyB

I see that the guy on NotebookReview made an unlocked A15. Did you switch to UEFI and try it out? Usually switching from Legacy to pure UEFI requires reinstalling Windows though.

Artem

Недавно решил обновить видеокарту на своем M17x R4. Я взял GTX 870m (зная, что мне нужно модифицировать BIOS). Я искал в Интернете модифицированный BIOS, но все ссылки, которые я нашел, не работают. В настоящее время используется версия BIOS A12, при необходимости желающая вернуться к более ранней версии. У кого-нибудь есть строчка по какой-либо из закачек модифицированного BIOS?

MattyB