Mass Effect 3

AeonSoul

So anyone is getting it? What do you expect from it? And, what are your thoughts about the whole DLC question that has been raised recently?

I'v really enjoyed playing the first two installment of the serie, and I'm looking forward to play this one aswell, but the fact that BioWare is pushing these DLCs so bad makes me wonder when someone will wake up and decide to sell a DLC at day one containing the last boss of the story, instead than optional content ._.

VagrantXeth

I just got done playing after having played till 0500hrs just after the purchase. I actually spent most of the time reading the in game journal to catch up on all the back story and tech stuff. I have the first two games but I like to go into it well informed, lol. Heck of a game so far, I am loving every minute of it. The think I like is that the game takes the time to build a real sense of atmosphere. It always fascinates me to see how different folks perceive the future. While some like the dystopian approach, others like the people who are responsible for Mass Effect seem the favor the sterile and pristine view of the world of tomorrow. I think both are viable settings given the story and how it is used in context. I like it when the story delivers in such a way that gives it that certain feel. Bioware did that with SWKOTOR and they seemed to have carried it over into the Mass Effect series.

VagrantXeth

On another Mass Effect 3 note, is it me or is the reporter Jessica Chobot? It really sounds like her and sort of resembles her as well, just an observation.

RoBi1475

On another Mass Effect 3 note, is it me or is the reporter Jessica Chobot? It really sounds like her and sort of resembles her as well, just an observation.
Yes she is in it so that is probably who you are hearing. There was huge (well maybe not huge) deal made about it about a month ago cause she is a "reporter" and working on the game "ruined" her objectivity and there for it was unethical for her to cover the game at all. My response - lawlz someone actually takes that women seriously as a reporter. She is basically eye candy used to promote games anyway. I have never seen her do anything that could be considered actual game reporting. Recaping what happen during the week for IGN is hardly real reporting.

VagrantXeth

I don't think reporting on games and being in one is going to affect her objectivity. As far as being a serious journalist, I think gaming journalists are still at the end of the day journalists. They just cover a different subject matter as opposed to politics and world events. It does not make her any less of a reporter, just a different kind of reporter. Amidst all of the doom and gloom of daily news, people often turn to that type of journalism to lighten up their days, whether it is celebrity gossip or video games, the end purpose is after all to entertain. Now, people making a big deal about her objectivity being colored by her involvement in the game, IT IS JUST A GAME PEOPLE! Reviews are just a tool in the decision making process, ultimately formulating your own opinion of the game is what counts. I should know, I have liked some games that received poor reviews, case in point, Medal of Honor.

RoBi1475

I don't think reporting on games and being in one is going to affect her objectivity. As far as being a serious journalist, I think gaming journalists are still at the end of the day journalists. They just cover a different subject matter as opposed to politics and world events. It does not make her any less of a reporter, just a different kind of reporter. Amidst all of the doom and gloom of daily news, people often turn to that type of journalism to lighten up their days, whether it is celebrity gossip or video games, the end purpose is after all to entertain. Now, people making a big deal about her objectivity being colored by her involvement in the game, IT IS JUST A GAME PEOPLE! Reviews are just a tool in the decision making process, ultimately formulating your own opinion of the game is what counts. I should know, I have liked some games that received poor reviews, case in point, Medal of Honor.
I believe the main argument over her or any game journalist being in a game is that they would be more likely to give the game they were in a favorable review or impression even when maybe it didn't deserve it. To that extent I agree, but just because you work for a specific news outlets that doesn't make a a journalist. If Jessica Chobot is a Game Journalist then Cathy Lee Gifford is an Journalist as well and that thought makes me want to vomit.

VagrantXeth

LOL, I see your point. In any case, her being in the game is not going to lessen my enjoyment. It is just a quirky sidenote for me.

RoBi1475

Yeah me neither, I don't dislike Chobot she is just not a Journalist, from my other post I may have come off that way. ME3 is going to be EPIC I am planning on picking it up, here soon. I am on a self imposed game buying freeze as I went rather crazy last month after buying my Alienware. I needed games for it lol.

VagrantXeth

I had to splurge on myself and went to the midnight release, so I have been playing it on and off today. Stepped away for a bit so I could do some stuff (like shower and eat!) but plan on having another go later on today. You will definitely love it, it is awesome!

AeonSoul

I have to wait a couple of days more before it gets released in Italy D:

DecepticonZ9

the person that does the voice over for the reporter works for IGN. i forgot her name.
but man i love this game.
cant wait for the free DLC in the next few days!

the person that does the voice over for the reporter works for IGN. i forgot her name.
but man i love this game.
cant wait for the free DLC in the next few days!
her name is Jessica Chobot
you can have a fling with her (ingame of coruse) without losing your love interest :D

Hey decept, want to do a few rounds?
I added you on origin lets kick some reaper ass sometime :)