test

McAfee

snaven

quick question, I got mcafee with my M14X a year ago now im wondering is it worth keeping? I PC uses AVG but really and honestly i dont believe that much in anti virus i game and check emails, i know norton slows down your computer but i was wondering if I should kill McAfee or replace it? suggestions?

Commy1

I've used mcafee only because it came free my laptop, I won't ever buy this piece of bloat-ware ever again. But it served it's purpose and for that it was ok. My next one will be Kaspersky I think.

Rob Wills

quick question, I got mcafee with my M14X a year ago now im wondering is it worth keeping? I PC uses AVG but really and honestly i dont believe that much in anti virus i game and check emails, i know norton slows down your computer but i was wondering if I should kill McAfee or replace it? suggestions?

If you use the internet, and even if all your activities are offline - but you install/transfer applications or files from media, it makes sense to have an antivirus program. Which one you have is up to you; my personal favourites are AVG and Norton. People's experiences with the programs do differ though.

I've dealt with the consequences of infected machines (I disinfect them in my spare time), and am surprised that people still think it reasonable not to have antivirus installed or, more frequently, not to keep it up to date. Another common encounter is (mostly young) people who disable scheduled AV scans because they think it will interrupt their gaming. Most don't work like that nowadays.

You will see negative comments on the Internet about AV programs in general. The truth is that no single program will stop everything. No combination of programs will stop everything. The best you can do is to protect your data and your machine as well as you can, based finally on what you think is reasonable.

Last edited:

yikes81

I think that having an anti virus it's a good idea. As vigilant as you can be, I'm sure that you may not get everything. If you don't think that your data is that important and you have time to do a complete rebuild, then it's up to you. If you think that your data it's worth protecting, then protect it. This includes activities like viewing bank statements or doing any sort of activity involving your personal details.

Sent via Tapatalk

BlackJair

I always use MSE(Microsoft Security Essentials) and I never have a problem, I know "antivirus" software are ALL the same, I, working 2 years with many computers at my work, have never seen a REAL difference between any Antivirus software.

Plus, it comes free with any Windows Licence(Remember, it must be "legal") ;D