MD5 Crash used X51 R2 I3 4150

midnightson

Feb 28, 2018
Was upgraded to Ge Force 1050 video card. Was up and running fairly clean. Looked up the service tag to find out has about half its memory left available. I'm only interested in playing a couple games anyway, so shouldn't need more than 285 gigs. Is there anything I should know? should or should not do? Realize that I could have bought a similar model new with nearly the same features, had it not been sold out. was 300 bucks for the tower and 180 for the NVidia gtx 1050 2 g graphics card. Been learning to play on a laptop figured it was time to get a little better system. Console crashes having started me on this whole pc game experience.

MURRARI

Aug 30, 2016
Was upgraded to Ge Force 1050 video card. Was up and running fairly clean. Looked up the service tag to find out has about half its memory left available. I'm only interested in playing a couple games anyway, so shouldn't need more than 285 gigs. Is there anything I should know? should or should not do? Realize that I could have bought a similar model new with nearly the same features, had it not been sold out. was 300 bucks for the tower and 180 for the NVidia gtx 1050 2 g graphics card. Been learning to play on a laptop figured it was time to get a little better system. Console crashes having started me on this whole pc game experience.

By memory I think you mean storage space...

Storage space really doesn’t effect the quality of gameplay, it equates to the quantity of content you can store on your computer. I.E. how many applications or games you can download to the machine.

The speed of your storage drive will effect game load times, for quicker load times you want a higher speed drive with a larger cache size. Or you could upgrade to a solid state drive.

CPU, RAM, and GPU are going to provide you with better quality gameplay when upgraded. These effect gameplay directly.

8GB of RAM is pretty much the standard for PC gaming nowadays. If you want to future proof your machine go to 16GB.

Your i3 CPU is sufficient for most games but if you want to future proof your machine get a quad core hyper threaded CPU like an i7.
More games are utilizing the features of the i7 nowadays.

The GPU, or graphics card is going to play a huge part in gaming as this is what processes the intense visuals. If you want to game in 1080P or 4K on ultra settings you will want to upgrade your graphics card for future proofing.

Some people in the X51 community are running GTX1060 GPUs with satisfactory results. I myself have completed gutted my machine and it is no longer an X51 internally. All my components are no longer dell components and so I am able to run flagship GPUs for 4K Ultra gaming.

If you need more help we are glad to assist.