test

memory and SSD upgrade

AW91

Hello, I'm a new member. I intend to buy an m17x R4 soon. I was wondering if it is a good idea to buy my laptop with 6GB and 500GB HD and then buy more memory on amazon.com. Does upgrading memory and hard drive affect the warranty in any way? Do the 6GB ram occupy just those easily accesible slots on the back or the other two slots too? Also, could anyone confirm if the following products are fully compatible with the laptop mentioned:

Corsair Vengeance Laptop Memory Kit 16 GB (2x8 GB) DDR3 1600MHz CL10 PC3 12800 (CMSX16GX3M2A1600C10) (Could I buy 4 o these making it a 32GB laptop?)

SAMSUNG 830 Series 2.5-Inch 256GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MZ-7PC256B/WW (Could I buytwo of these making it a RAID 0?)

Many thanks everyone

AeonSoul

As far as I know, and that means we're talking about the SSDs, the samsung 830 series are perfectly compatible, in fact, is what DELL uses when you chose to have an SSD installed from them. tho, I don't know if they fixed the issue in the r4, but in the r3 to take full advantage of SATA III speeds you need to downgrade the BIOS and place the SSD in bay#1 instead of bay#0. You might want to look that up.
As far as goes for RAID, I think you can, but since I'm not too savvy on that, you better look that up, tho I know that some people have 2 SSDs in RAID 0 config, so that should totally be possible.