Method for installing xbox controller to windows

If you like me could not install the xbox 360 controller no matter what method you used and all it would keep saying is "no driver found" i figured this out on my own and took me all of 60 seconds

first go to control panel, then click on device manager, then right click the device the device that has the ! on it that is the controller, proceed to "Update driver software" click on "browse my computer for driver software" but instead of browsing click the link below it that says " Let me pick from a list of device drivers"
1.jpg

then find and select "Microsoft common controller for windows class" then click next.
2.jpg

Now select the driver for your xbox controller
3.jpg

it will ack you are you sure ect. click yes, and now your controller is working.
and bam thats how I solved my problem :D

shankc

Dec 26, 2012
UnitedKingdom
Yeah that's the way I done it, The driver disc that came with my controller was useless but I'd stumbled on a site just before buying my wireless controller and it couldn't be more easier but nice work spacebooger as I had been meaning to do a tutorial like yours but got knocked off track as I love using the Xbox controler as you can sit back relax and it was the cheaper and better option than a good gaming mouse and a few people have asked about this option, as the wired controller is good but the wireless option is much much better. Nice work

shankc

Dec 26, 2012
UnitedKingdom
Yeah I must say OG1 I find it much better with the Xbox controller in so many ways. Its easier to to just sit back and relax and your eyes don't feel half as bad after a marathon session as you can sit well back and most of the controls transfer over to other games without having to set them up again

MattyB

Resource Administrator / Forum Moderator
Mar 19, 2012
Adelaide, Australia
I find that I can't snipe nearly as well as I can with the mouse. It's definitely the way to go for racing games though. Sitting back and relaxing is the way to go! I'm sure I would get the hang of the controller for FPS's if I put some time into it. Never really ever played Xbox or PS so I've never honed my skills.