test

MIO help

xXSteev0Xx

Hey what's up everyone.

So I have roughly a 10 year old aurora r4 that sat for years
I recently began bringing it back to life, upgrading components, as well as a win7 to win10 upgrade. The MIO board is still in use.
A few days ago my HDD finally punked out. Sadly I had nothing on my C drive backed up.
Went and grabbed a samsung ssd at 1tb and reinstalled win10 pro and all other missing data, however now I cannot install any version of AWCC aside from 5.0, but with that version I noticed I have no option for fx or thermal contol. I have no control over 2 fans wired into MIO, or the chassis mounted LEDs.
AWCC 3.5 was pre installed on previous HDD and everything worked fine.
Is there any way to get this working again?
This is technically my first "build" albeit not from scratch and was trying to find the easiest ways to make things work, hence keeping the MIO.

MOBO: Asus ROG strix Z490E
CPU: Intel i5 10600k
GPU: AMD Radeon 5700XT
Corsair AIO H80i
PSU: Corsair 1200X
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32g DDR4
*Everything else is what came with the R4.
Lol took alot of Fabrication to make stuff fit*

Let me know if I'm missing anything as I am new to all of this.
Thanks in advance

MattyB

I have a few R4's but I just got to work so can't help you right now sorry. I wonder if any R4 BIOS key would work....

You don't have the original board?

xXSteev0Xx

Negative sir, not anymore.
I have a few R4's but I just got to work so can't help you right now sorry. I wonder if any R4 BIOS key would work....

You don't have the original board?
Negative sir, not anymore.

MattyB

If you have a look at the comment from @Cass-Olé in that thread, he posts a workaround for the BIOS key. This should help you get it working. I haven't done this for many many years so I'm not too helpful sorry.

Cass-Olé

The Aurora R4 Bios Registry Info is now attached on page 3 post #43 (so is the Area-51 R2 Info), head there & grab it & use it. You can install CmndCntr 3.5 or 3.6 along with W10 … I'm still on 3.5 here & it seems to work ok

It used to be on page 1 post #2 as a link called Media Item 58 (the 51 R2 file was Media Item 59), but the forum changed over & the links are broken, & I find a lot of people do not know to head to page 3 where the re-upload happened, that's because I can not edit that old post anymore

If @MattyB can somehow attach (or link) or edit-in those two .txt files (R4 / R2 etc from page3 post 43) into page 1 post#2 then I suspect more people can grab the R4 / R2 file they need without hassle

While I'm at it, I posted an Area-51 R5 Bios Info on page 5 post 89, that'd look great on page 1 post 2 also (=

MattyB

@Cass-Olé I've done some changes to your post on Page 1 relating to the post# 43 items. Can you see if it's what you want? Then I'll do the post# 89 changes

xXSteev0Xx

You guys are awesome. I'm sorry for the trouble I have caused if any.
Just know that it is appreciated.
I loved my r4 too much to let it go, even if all that remains is a chassis and MIO board

MattyB

Here to help. Cass-Ole is pretty much the worldwide guru on the older desktops.