test

more lock ups

holeyguy66

so ive been lock up free for 1 month since my rig got back up and running. and now im getting them again. i got ahold of xfx and they are helping me along with my guru dieselss. xfx suggested power issue but diesel and i think 1100 watts is plenty. so he told me to pull 2 of my ramm sticks. hes never been a fan of mismatched pairs. my rig came with 4 gigs. he set me 3 sticks of 4 gigs. so i used 2 of my existing 2 gig sticks and 2 4 gig sticks to get 12. i removed the 4 gig sticks and so far 3 days with cards bridged and cross fire enbabled. i hope i get this under wraps. cuz i just sunk 900 into this liquid system for that reason. but on the flip side of that atleast my cards are running cooler then any crossfired aurora r3 that i know of

DeRon1

Just a lil confused m8...Isn't there 4 slots to place the RAM sticks? And you are using only 3 or do you have all being used?..This may not have anything to do with what your problem is but it will help to clarify what i am to understand!! ;)sooz I can input. ;)

holeyguy66

me and you both man. so far ive been a few days lock up free now. so hopefully we are on the right track

I know you have been doing a lot of great work on your rig - so hopefully the mismatched RAM is the key, and not a further hardware issue...

holeyguy66

ive read that alot of people have this issue with eyefinity and crossfire. but thats all with overclocking. and they just deal with it. well im not. lock ups happen for a reason and im gonna find it. so its not power,heat or drivers. ive handled all that.

holeyguy66

well ive been free of lockups since diesel told me to pull my 2 4 gig sticks out. i hope it was all just mixed pairs of ramm. the stuff ive read online has been mainly with running duel 6990s so inturn they are running quad fire out of 2 cards