Motherboard Asus Sabertooth Z77

First I want to apologize for being away for so long, I have been very busy. But during that time I was able to buy the Asus Sabertooth Z77 motherboard. Still gathering information on piecing everything together for my Alienware pc. Still very excited on trying to succeed on this build.

holeyguy66

Feb 26, 2012
louisiana
you will love the sabertooth. or anything from asus for that matter. i have a maximus v gene in my aurora. and just a regular asus p67 in my Frankenstein. my first build ever used an asus alife socket 939 amd board. not to mention my maximus has a 5 year warrenty where as both my titans only have 3 year. the c/s is just top notch also

holeyguy66

Feb 26, 2012
louisiana
its easy i just found a version of cc that would work that the only hard part. i just used my service tag on the dell site. it took me to the download section. i went down the list of cc versions til one actually downloaded and installed

Im actually picking up a Area 51 later this evening from a guy across the state. I've always wanted the case ^^

Sometime over the next year I plan to do a similar upgrade, however the issue over the Mi/o board I what i've been trying to figure out lately. I want to upgrade, but I wont do it if it takes the soul out of the case. It seems to be a roll of the dice, though I've noticed that the majority of people upgrading the A-51 have been using the sabertooths. Literally every build that I have seen has used one model or the other.

I dont think it's so much a issue of brand that affects it (and i know it works with Asus sabertooths, I know there's a example of this in the A-51 mod section.) It seems to be more of a matter of whether or not the mio wants to talk to the motherboard. Sometimes it works, sometimes it works after resets, sometimes it never works and you need a new mio.

The most helpful post explaining this is from the dell forums: http://en.community.dell.com/owners-club/alienware/f/3746/t/19523732.aspx

He does a nice job of explaining the theories and issues behind the upgrade and fixes if stuff isnt working out right. It seems that there is a guarantee that it will work in the long run, but there's a chance that you will need a spare mio.

I've been considering building the new computer on a bench and test a mio and getting everything working before I go through the effort of gutting the system.

Im nowhere near being good at this stuff, ive just been attempting some research over the past week. So there might be something wrong that isnt obvious to me. But I think your mobo should be fine..

And like holeyguy said, you will also have to find a CC version that will actually install, but atleast that is just a software issue.

That's what I'm kinda worried about, to get everything to co-exist with each other. If there is a problem I know enough to get by but that's it. So I am taking my time in research and reading on what everybody else has done to get them working properly.