test

Motherboard question

bmxer13

Hey guys,
Long story short I got burned on a trade and got a dead x51 a while back. Was upset enough to have it set and collect dust for a while but now I want to fix it. Was told the MB was toast and would have to get a new one. I would like to know where I could find a MB for this. Ive been looking on the internet but come up empty. Does anyone know where I can get a oem MB or what upgrade MB will fit in it?
Thanks

ADOR

From looking and doing a non alienware motherboard swap in mine it looks like you can put a R2 motherboard in a R1 (not 100% sure yet), but you couldn't resuse your CPU as they have changed the chipset between the two revisions. The panel in the back is non removable so it limits your options. If you cut it enough to put a plate in it, it destroys the hold downs. At least the screw holes are standard MItx

I see You

Might want to call MSI when the guy came and did a board swap in my x51 i notest the name on the back of the board it was from MSI, so i bet MSI has the specs and the board and you might be able to get it cheaper.