test

Motherboard Swap Database

eg1122

I would like to put together a list of motherboard swaps and whether or not it has functional lights on the Area 51 R2, or any other revision. If you have done a motherboard swap then please post the information of the motherboard and whether you were able to install ACC, if so which version, method of installation, if lights are fully functional, if the front lights are the only ones working, or if lights don't work at all. I'll go first...

Area 51 R2
MSI Z490 ACE
ACC successfully installed via bios trick
ACC v 4.8.25.0
Lights fully functional

I hope this is the start of a good thread for future mobo swappers. I will compile all post into a Google spreadsheet to make the information easily accessable to anyone.

Area 51 Mobo Swap Database

Last edited:

Dmitriy_Orlov

all msi boards with uefi should fit, i tried 2 mobos (x370 gaming plus and x299 gaming pro carbon). i installed alienware command center version 4.0.59.0 A00-00 with no bios trick at all, lightning works as supposed to, in games as well (fable, mass effect, witcher 2)

Cass-Olé

A51 R2 seen on Reddit has an MSI Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi + Intel i7 10700

Lights are said to work before CmndCntr install --> "I haven't tried to reinstall the Alienware command center software but the LED lights are working fine as a single color") ... And after install --> "The AlienFX works flawlessly but only after downloading version 4.0.59 of the command center. I was able to access older versions of the software by entering my service tag"

xps630

Thank you both. I have updated the spreadsheet.
Someone installed MSI X79 MS-7769 OEM motherboard made for Lenovo. i7-3960X. Uncertain which AWCC but worked. Apparently an MSI downgrade from X99 could be compatible. Not sure if MSI X58 for A51 R1 would work.

Last edited:

xps630

Someone did AMD Ryzen 3600XT + MSI X570 Gaming Edge motherboard. Not sure which AWCC version.