Moving everything to a new case. Do I need to buy new OS?

Furious

Hey all,

I'm moving my x51 R1 to a new case but.. since it will be a new motherboard, will i need to buy a new OS?

Oh.. and can i recover the optical drive from my old case into the new one? (new case is micro ATX)

Thanks

I see You

Hey all,

I'm moving my x51 R1 to a new case but.. since it will be a new motherboard, will i need to buy a new OS?

Oh.. and can i recover the optical drive from my old case into the new one? (new case is micro ATX)

Thanks

Why buy new motherboard the R1 motherboard works just fine by itself i have been like this for almost a year now with no issues whatsoever, if you do go with a new motherboard you will need to re install the OS, that's standard procedure, but why not just keep the R1 board, sure you have a one little hiccup a sensor glitch but nothing more and nothing that prevents it from working like it should.

Furious

Why buy new motherboard the R1 motherboard works just fine by itself i have been like this for almost a year now with no issues whatsoever, if you do go with a new motherboard you will need to re install the OS, that's standard procedure, but why not just keep the R1 board, sure you have a one little hiccup a sensor glitch but nothing more and nothing that prevents it from working like it should.

Yeah.. I've been considering that. Thanks for the feedback!! I'll have a little hole in the back then.. But I guess it will save some costs indeed.

Thank you!

I see You

Yeah.. I've been considering that. Thanks for the feedback!! I'll have a little hole in the back then.. But I guess it will save some costs indeed.

Thank you!

You can use a piece of sheet metal or use a piece of cardboard for it the guy who put mine together used a piece of all black cardboard i notes this the other day while cleaning it i always thought he used a piece of metal but nope it was cardboard. does not hurt anything as things don't get hot enough to do anything in there at that spot.