test

Multiple Monitors

Demigod

(First post!)

I got my Aurora R4 on Monday and I am looking to hook up some other monitors.

I'm running Win7 64 bit Intel Core i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60 GHZ with with 16 GB of RAM and Dual AMD Radeon HD 7800.

The back of my video card looks like....

But there are two cards, so I have exactly twice that.

Currently I'm hooking up one monitor using the (bottom) DVI connection. However, I want to hook up two other monitors also using DVI. How can I get this done?

SWAT_Glock

Administrator

Demigod

Both monitors have VGA and DVI. I have to run out this morning so I'll see if I can grab two of these.

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
Both monitors have VGA and DVI. I have to run out this morning so I'll see if I can grab two of these.
If your monitors are 24" or smaller, then the mini display port to DVI (single link) will work just fine.

Demigod

Magical.

So this morning I picked up some cables - Mini Display Port to VGA. (That's all they had.) Came home, plugged it in, notta. Poop. Played with it for a few moments, then pulled the cord out of the Aurora. Son of a bitch - the plug that went into the Aurora was broken. I bought two of them, so I got the second one working - works great. Next time I'm out I'll get more cords.

Thanks for the help and advice. Next up - how to get COD to play on this monster.

holeyguy66

are you goin triple screen which i high advise. im running 3 acer 19 inch screens off my duel 6850s. your mini display adaptor has to be an active adaptor or when you get in a game it cuts off the third or second monitor. also in your ccc of your card there should be a tab labled amd eyefinity multi display group click on that and click creat eyefinity group there you will go through the setup and bam done. o and you can only run multi screens off of the top card as its your main gpu. but eyefinity works in pairs of 3s if im not mistaken

[video=youtube_share;-xWMXK2XqG0]http://youtu.be/-xWMXK2XqG0[/video]

Last edited:

Demigod

Went back and got a new cord, works like a freaking charm. Awesome. Some pix:

Now if I can just get COD to work...

WaLkAwaY

Looks pretty sweet. Like the art work. :)

On my big gaming rig I have a monitor and a 46" LCD TV. I have a second monitor that I am going to add but I have been lazy and it is still sitting in a box. So it will have three which works because it has two DVI ports and a mini HDMI for the TV. I just need to find time I guess.