mx18r1

Sysco52

I have an mx18 r1 the laptop came with windows 7 my son tried downloading windows 10 since them it has not worked bought new board and cpu still getting 7 beeps when i power it up any ideas thank you

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
When was the last time the laptop booted up into Win 7 without any issues?

Sysco52

2015 was the last time my son tried downloading windows 10 but at that time there were no drivers for support for alienware Dell said they couldn't fix it bought another board still no luck got another cpu a step down from the first one had it to a few places no luck one fellow told me it started to re boot them quit ???? keeps getting the 7 beeps continues and no screen any ideas or know where i can send it too thank you Blair

MattyB

Have you tried to see if it will load the pre boot assessment? I think you hold the Fn key while starting the machine until it pops up but I can't remember for sure.
If you haven't already, you can try some simple things like unplugging the power adapter and the battery and holding down the power button for 30 secs to drain all power. Then just plug in the adapter and see if it boots. 7 beeps usually means the CPU but if you've replaced the board and CPU then something strange is going on.
If you can get hold of MrFox on here or anywhere (maybe try his MrFoxRox youtube channel), he is the M18x king of the world and if he doesn't know then you're in trouble.