test

My 2 month old Aurora R4 just went all Blue screen on me (BSOD) on me :(

OG1-KENOBI

I go to turn on my R4 today and it loads up as normal so i go get a beer and when i come back my pc is changing colours like it does in sleep mode so i hit a key thinking it will pop back on and then i get the blue screen of death...... Im devasted so I did a quick restore which went back 3 days but the same thing happens it just loads and after a minute or so it shutdowns , blue screens and then I can either restart in safe mode or just let it loop again. I havent downloaded anything prior to this and my pc is virus protected etc via a payed version of Avast. I have only had it for a couple of weeks and its going to cost me $150 to post it back to the pc place i bought it from. Since i havent had it long so Im thinking, Is it easy to do a full re install of windows 7 as I have the Windows 7 disk for alienware supplied. Also will i then need to update drivers to get my PC to work? I have been a console gamer for years now as I have never had a great deal of luck on PC's tbh.( seems to have continued methinks) For $3000 I would have hoped it would have lasted longer lol. I heard it may be a ram issue in which case its under warranty but if its a software clash that isnt so Im just in need of anyones knowledge. I have heard that these Alienware pc's can be a bit tempramental at times and the use of the word alienware bios version (which i have the latest I was told) keeps coming up when i read online. Am i in for some pain?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

MattyB

You can do a preboot check. I can't remember the way to do it off hand but I have it on an email somewhere. I will have a look when I get back tonight. You could try asking Dell what the procedure is. It may help pinpoint where the issue is.

- - - - - Updated; Double Post Auto Merged - - - - -

OK, try this. After you turn your machine on keep hitting the F12 key until the Dell PreBoot System Assessment comes up. Select ePSA/Diagnostic. This will start up the Assessment to see if any of your hardware has failed.

AeonSoul

get WhoCrashed and analyze the memory dump, post here the result, we might come up with something.

OG1-KENOBI

Im taking it to a PC repair place tomorrow to find out what is actually wrong with it. Restores dont work and it runs in safe mode so for $80 I rekon it will be worth it.

yikes81

I had the same problem on a different PC. Ensure your bios is up to date.

Sent via Tapatalk

OG1-KENOBI

My baby is back in all its R4 goodness. It turned out there was a Norton symantec clash. Funny I have and have always used Avast paid virus protection so where that came from I have no idea. Anyway it was worth the $80 to get my baby back working properly.