My buddy got his new x51 with the 270x

STDVirus

Ok so my buddy calls me up all upset because he said he couldn't play any games it was all glitchy and looked horrible so i told him to bring it over. Non of the drivers where installed at all WTF is that normal for Dell? It didn't recognized that there was a video card installed, so it was running off the boards GPU. I've always built my own computer so i have never bought a pre-built one before but i thought the purpose of a pre-build pc was it was all ready to go other then updates :mad: It was like they slapped it together put windows on it and said ok its ready to go. lol

I got it all squared away for him and it all seems good now but i would think if someone spends $1400 on a pc it would be ready out of the box wouldn't you?

Specs:
i7-4770
8GB RAM
2TB HDD
270x
Windows 7 64bit

Viralistic

Yeah that sucks man. Good thing you got it all squared for him. Can't imagine how they shipped a PC with no drivers installed? LOL.

On another note, your buddy over payed man. Always call in to a sales rep when you go alienware. Here is what I got for $1350.

X51R2
Windows 7
i7 4770
16gb ram
Nvidia GTX 760ti
2tb HDD
AC WiFi + Bluetooth combo

If you call in you can pull some good discounts. Also this was a ready to ship model. The sales rep also gave me free overnight shipping. I had my x51 2 days after I ordered it!

STDVirus

yeah i was trying to get him to just get the base model and upgrade what he wanted when he could too but he didn't want to lol. Sounds like you got a good deal though. That's what i did and i think i'm only in my around $700 so far. Still got prob another $600 to go for what i want to do though.

I see You

Hey i got a question for you all with the X51 R2 can i but the wifi+Bluetooth and install that in place of the x51 R1 wifi card?

STDVirus

Sorry the R2 card wont give you bluetooth for your R1 the motherboards are different in the 2 models. I already looked into it :(

sunster168

Looks like Dell dropped the ball with this units on the drivers being installed.