My M17x R4 got BSOD

shankc

Dec 26, 2012
UnitedKingdom
Hi I had a couple of problems last night when I was gaming and with this being my first Alienware I'm not sure if I'm over reacting. I started playing far cry 3 about 11pm last night and it turned into a marathon session. But about 5am the game just froze and I had to restart my alien then about 2hours later I got the BSOD I'm not sure of the code as by that time I was rather weary lol. So my R4 (my specs are below)was going non stop for a 7 hour period and then another 2 hours before getting BSOD. So I don't no if it was just one of those things as I was using it for so long on the highest settings. This is my first gaming laptop so I have nothing to compare it to. It is about 10 month's old. So if any of you hardcore gamers could tell me if this is just a normal occurrence as I hammered it last night,not literally lol. I use a Xbox controller and my alien sits on a table with plenty of airflow. So any advice would be much appreciated

shankc

Dec 26, 2012
UnitedKingdom
Hi guys thanks for help but first off I have the option to overclocking in CCC but I don't Matty I added the extension on MSI afterburner a few months back but I only used it a couple of times as I don't believe in overclocking laptop cards after the reading I've done so it was at stock clocks. But I might get myself sum compressed air and give it a blow out but my highest temp was around 70 degrees c with core temp 1.0 RC5 and was only slightly warm to the touch. I'm not sure where do I find the dump files at aeon is it in the alien autopsy if you can tell me were to look I will post and hopefully that will help in diagnosis. I was talking to TheRetiredSlave on alienware arena and he says it could of just been because I was playing such a graphic intensive game for so long as it was a 9 hour non stop marathon session. I just got in the zone lol, I have my alien on a cooling pad but its not an active one its just a wedge shape with hundreds of 8 mm holes all over it. I will try and find out how find the dump files and post them I'm sure a Google search will reveal the location. Thanks for your help it's much appreciated

- - - - - Updated; Consecutive Post Auto Merged - - - - -

Sorry AeonSoul does who crashed bring up the dump files. Is who crashed a type of analytic software I misread your post sorry. I will download and post tonight when I get back home thanks again

shankc

Dec 26, 2012
UnitedKingdom
Well just had a 14 hour gaming sesh just about finished far cry 3 I love that game and this time no BSOD or freezing and I made sure I pushed when I found out it was going to cost £500 for 3 year warranty yesterday. A bit expensive I think so I'm just going to get the year nbd warranty £165 and hopefully that will do me