test

My son just got his Alienware 17 today

kungfu-judo

My son just got his Alienware 17 today but he check the whole box and there no #D glasses inside , Only pc , dvd , power adapter.

1) How can you check is a WLED 3D screen that he supposed to get?
2) anyone has this alienware 17 3D bundles? if so did they shipped the glasses later?
3) he have the 4800 processor - any walked through on how to overclock it?
4) should he update the nividia driver to the latest? I heard on some forum that some people having issue and getting the black screen after the update.

Sarah

Yep, the glasses will be shipped in the box with the laptop. The nVidia control panel will have an option to enable stereoscopic 3D mode an the display properties will show options for the 120hz refresh rate. If these aren't available then you haven't got the 3D screen. If you ordered 3D and haven't got it then you should call Dell and tell them.

I'm not sure about overclocking the processor, but I'm sure some of the others on here may be able to advise you.

kungfu-judo

Yep, the glasses will be shipped in the box with the laptop. The nVidia control panel will have an option to enable stereoscopic 3D mode an the display properties will show options for the 120hz refresh rate. If these aren't available then you haven't got the 3D screen. If you ordered 3D and haven't got it then you should call Dell and tell them.

I'm not sure about overclocking the processor, but I'm sure some of the others on here may be able to advise you.

Hi
I see u had your for a couple of days now how you like it so far? any issue ? did you update your to the latest nividia driver?
you have the the boot 256 msata as my son would recommend installing all games to this drive? or install all games on 750 gig drive ?
would the game have any effect on speed of you installed it on the 750 gig drive? becaused 256 gig msata will filled up quickly if a lot of games are installed on it.
Thanks

Sarah

Hi Kungfu. I've had my 17 for just over 2 months now and it has been a brilliant machine. I use it for both work purposes and for playing games on and with the spec I have it has been able to handle everything I've thrown at it with ease. I haven't installed the latest NVidia drivers yet but it is on my list of things to do. To be honest, I'm not a real hard-core gamer - I'm the wrong side of 35 and the wrong gender for that I'm afraid! But I do enjoy letting my hair down and this laptop has enough power to remain up to date for 3 years at least. I have installed all of my games and applications onto the 750GB drive so far and left the SSD largely untouched. 256GB isn't really that large and to be honest, whilst slower than the SSD for in-game loading times, the 750GB drive is also very fast too. I just don't want to clog up the boot drive (the SSD) with loads of software when there is a separate drive to put them on. I may be wrong in doing that but it is a choice I've made and I'll stick with it.

kungfu-judo

thank you
women that in to gaming is real cool. They can cook and beat the crap out of guys in gaming. LOL

shankc

If it's a 3D screen it will have a little rectangle on your screen somewhere like on your remote or TV to connect the glasses or go into your device manger and it should say 3D/120hz monitor. If you have paid for a 3D screen and you haven't received one as Sarah says phone alienware/Dell and get them to rectifying their mistake ASAP and welcome to you and your son to the club as I'm sure you will have to have a go or maintain it lol or that can be your excuse. But their are many people who are willing to help if you or your son need it

Sarah

thank you
women that in to gaming is real cool. They can cook and beat the crap out of guys in gaming. LOL

Sigh...All that cooking, cleaning, ironing, sewing and washing the floors all day! LOL :) That's why I really do need to let my hair down in the evening and kick some butts on my Alienware 17 :)