test

my temps after liquid cooling

holeyguy66

before i went eyefinity i was getting mid 60c to mid 70c since eyefinity i have been getting mid 70s to mid 90s( in worse cases )

after eyefinity at idle i was getting 57-58c temps

after
this is a benchmark i did with furmark

i also ran 3 burn ins from furmark ranging from 30 mins to 20 mins and the highest temp i seen was 53c

at idle now i am at 38c so 20 degree drop in idle temps

and now for the battle field 3 temps

the cards where 3-4 degrees off each other

the bottom card was 45c

top card 48-49c

so in short if anybody argues liquid cooling sucks. they obviously ither had a bad experiance or have been reading all the negative things about it. do your research and read reviews to help with deciding on your parts.

for me i will stick with Ice Dragon for awhile after seeing these temps drop like they have.

so in short thank you for watching my thread. i hope to have more later on

Last edited:

MattyB

Looks like great results. Congrats!!

I will be sending you mine for you to do! :)

Commy1

that's one pretty machine. My desktop is coming along, I don't know if I'd ever need liquid cooling, as this beast has enough fans to lift off, but I've thought about it. I just want my 100-120fps on various games, eyefinity too much.

holeyguy66

it was to much at first but you get used to it. my system is a 13 year dream for me. and to make it a reality is just awesome. really if you have room for good airflow you wont need liquid cooling but its soul purpose is quitness not to overclock. alot of people assume that its only for overclocking. but at the temps drops i got if my cards alowed me to over clock the voltages i could and still be safe. the main reason i did this was to get rid of the loud fans man. i now set my case fans at 50% and run my pump on the lowest setting and still achieve the low temps. to me its well worth doin. i would recomend everybody atleast once fool with liquid cooling just to say youhave done it. this was a fun ride for me and a big feeling of accompliment

holeyguy66

i forgot to mention i did use the gpu door after all. i will get a pic of it installed tonight. i had to cut to make it fit around a fitting but it looks factory.

holeyguy66

IMG_0405.jpg here is the pic i promissed. and the extra cover is a psu cover sent to me by a fellow awa member