test

Naming your Alienware...

Scully32

Just out of curiosity... what did everyone put on their nameplate, Windows User name, network name, etc.??

I got Scully on my nameplate... but trying to think of something clever for the Win User name and network! Maybe something like Roswell, Area 51, E.B.E., Patient X, IWant2Belive, etc. to stick with the theme. lol

Last edited:
my real name Aditya Iyer on the nameplate and user and my dad's name on the network which I use via wifi

MattyB

Just my name. Pretty boring. Starting to wish I chose something cooler.....

Maelstrom

I just put my name on it but I like that. Having your name imprinted in metal on such an amazing machine is cool.

It's not like anyone's going to be looking at the bottom anyway.

moonfox

Name is easiest, especially if it gets stolen. makes sorting things out much easier if the thief is too dumb to check the bottom of the laptop. That was my logic in picking my name, anyway.

Maelstrom

It's probably the most overlooked thing when you see an Alienware. How many people know what's on the bottom of the laptop when all the action is on the top?

yikes81

I got nothing on the nameplate. Incase I upgrade a little later on and wish to gift this amazing machine to another lucky user.

Maelstrom

I wouldn't be surprised if you could as for another one from Dell. It is just a piece of metal screwed into the bottom of the computer and I bet you could say that yours has a typo or something and have another one sent.

VagrantXeth

The name I cose for mine was pretty uninspired, simply "Ivan's Alien"

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III

DDuB420

I became an Alienware owner due to a trade. I have no idea what mine says, I might give that alien language thread a once over and decode it.

MattyB

It will usually have the AW language and then what it means in English under it. Doesn't yours? It may just say 'Alienware' then.

DDuB420

It will usually have the AW language and then what it means in English under it. Doesn't yours? It may just say 'Alienware' then.

I decoded it and it reads M17x and it says it under it in English. I just assumed that the English M17x part was what was normally put on the name plate.