test

Need an Alienware X51 R1 motherboard

Serpentz

Hello everyone,

I have an Alienware X51 that I decided to do an SSD upgrade on. I did not notice that the Molex power cable I bought had a red wire switched with a black wire. When I put everything together and turned on the computer I got smoke out of the case. The Molex splitter black wire that was in the wrong place fried. The second I saw smoke I pulled the power. I couldn't figure out what the hell happened until I inspected the cable and saw it was put together wrong. Yes...the cable was put together wrong.

I pulled everything and the computer seemed to be OK until today. The mouse and keyboard would stop working and the computer would shut down and I got a 2 beeps code. Only removing the CMOS battery will get it to start up again. But if its on for 15 minutes, then the mouse and keyboard fail, and it shuts down.

I am certain the motherboard is fried somewhere after the Molex power cable mishap. The moral of this story is 'Check all your cables'.

So I need to ask the community here, if anyone has a motherboard for sale. Also I would like to know if its possible to upgrade the MB with an R2 motherboard? I might as well upgrade what I can at this point.

I found some MB's on Ebay for $300+ but if I will spend this much for a MB I would rather buy another computer.

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• IMG_20151231_005131.jpg
    IMG_20151231_005131.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 6