Need Help from the Experts!

Saintnowhere

Today new R5 arrived. I got the liquid cooled 6700k and the GTX1080 founders edition.all seemed to be working well, but I've come across something and not sure how to take it. If I turn the PC off for any reason and turn it back on immediately, there is no picture. The PC lights ip as normal, but nothing. If I wait two minutes it seems to come back on ok.

The same thing with a restart after a software update. It comes up with no picture and I have to manually shut down and wait a few minutes....is this normal for a liquid cooled machine or is there a problem? This is a brand new machine and just wasn't expecting that. HELP PLEASE!!!

Cass-Olé

I would call Tech Support, then make two companion posts on AlienArena, one in their General & one in their Tech Support sub-forum + I might even post in AlienClub. In the meantime, I might try my video-card in a different slot, I might re-seat the video / mthrbrd 24pin / Cpu 4pin connectors, might try a different monitor or monitor cable too. Since it is in warranty I suggest making a Close Encounter of the Right Kind with the Aliens directly, let them handle it for you in the event a system exchange is in order, before fiddling with it, since it sounds to be an odd rare issue that they might have a cure for

Saintnowhere

I would call Tech Support, then make two companion posts on AlienArena, one in their General & one in their Tech Support sub-forum + I might even post in AlienClub. In the meantime, I might try my video-card in a different slot, I might re-seat the video / mthrbrd 24pin / Cpu 4pin connectors, might try a different monitor or monitor cable too. Since it is in warranty I suggest making a Close Encounter of the Right Kind with the Aliens directly, let them handle it for you in the event a system exchange is in order, before fiddling with it, since it sounds to be an odd rare issue that they might have a cure for

Great advice! To my surprise it turned out to some type of hdmi communication issue between the cord and my Onkyo a/v receiver. Replaced the cord, the hardware test for each component passed with no problems and it appears all problems are solved. Thanks for cord check comment. I always believe it's something sinister and turns out to be the one thing I wouldn't have suspected.