Need RAM!!!

Eirreann

Well, the good news first: I just found out that my decade-old laptop can support up to 2GB of RAM! This is great, because at the moment it has 512MB of RAM and that is the only thing that is stopping me from playing LoL, Everquest, and Source engine games on this thing....

Now the bad news: Sticks of RAM for this laptop are not cheap ($32 for a single 1GB stick...)! And since my parents control my bank account at the moment, and will continue to do so until I'm 18 in eight months, I cannot order more...

But back to good news! This kind of RAM is common in older laptops (we're talking really old laptops; look back to between the year 2000 and 2003)
The kind of RAM I'm looking for is:
DDR SDRAM 200-pin 333MHz.

So, if anyone has any sticks of this that they would be willing to part with, please let me know! I can't exactly pay you, but I would really, really appreciate it! This old thing is all I have until I finish raising the money for my build... and my biggest limit is the RAM. So if any of you have old laptops hanging around, I would really appreciate it if you could check to see if it contains that kind of RAM!
Ideally I would love to have 2 sticks, 1GB each, but I'll take anything, really. Anything that will speed this thing up!

yikes81

Oh dude, I just threw out a pile of RAM for old laptops. Though, I would have asked you to cover postage, and that may be close to the $30 mark anyway.

Dantheman221

Why would you want more RAM on that laptop? I dont see how you will be able to play new games without an adequate gpu :) I say, save up the money and use it on you new PC. You only have 8 months to wait!

Eirreann

Why would you want more RAM on that laptop? I dont see how you will be able to play new games without an adequate gpu :) I say, save up the money and use it on you new PC. You only have 8 months to wait!
Actually, my current GPU is decent; I'm just limited by not having a whole gig of RAM... that and I just got a bonus on my last paycheck because my co-workers decided to take the week off, so I'm not short of cash. This laptop is kriffing slow and it's all I've got for the next however many months, and it has driven me to beyond frustration waaaaay too many times! Hell, it can't even have Microsoft Word and Chrome open at the same time without something bugging up! I really just need something to hold me over... desperately, before I throw it out the window in frustration.

durbin209

Hey Eirreann, went to my aunts today they threw out the desktop had some RAM in it. There's 2 sticks of 256MB DDR 400 CL3 and one stick of Kingston KVR333/1GR 512.

lozz21

Hey Eirreann, went to my aunts today they threw out the desktop had some RAM in it. There's 2 sticks of 256MB DDR 400 CL3 and one stick of Kingston KVR333/1GR 512.
I don't think those work on his laptop lol :rolleyes: