Need some advice reguarding dead pixles

Predimus

Hi everyone i just recived my alienware 17mx yesterday it works great but the led came with 2 dead pixles, should I be concerned that more dead pixles will appear in the future and should i get a replacement or do you think its fine, there off to the side so its really not a bother when i play games, but im not sure if i should get a replacement or just keep the one I have

Dantheman221

Dead pixels outta the box? I think it should be replaced. I think the warranty covers it :) The sooner, the better! Trust me, Dell support stinks!

EMT911inWI

I would say that dead pixels out of the box would definately meet the requirement for immediate replacement. Otherwise, I'm sure you could find a loophole and return the product, get reimbursed, then repurchase the machine. Regardless, good luck! Haven't had very good luck with Dell support up to this point either.

I was able to find this tidbit of info on their site.

* 1 to 5 Dead or Stuck pixels spread out are within current standards and do NOT warrant a replacement
* 6 or more Dead or Stuck pixels anywhere warrants a replacement monitor
* 2 adjacent Dead or Stuck pixels warrants a replacement monitor with manager approval
* 1 Dead or Stuck pixel directly in the center warrants a replacement monitor with manager approval

Also found this.

You may return any Dell product, no questions asked, within 30 days from the invoice date. After that, you can only do a like for like exchange.

Last edited:

Predimus

Thanks for the replys, i got a email from the dell rep who did my purchase and saw that the order was delivered and asked how i was liking it, i basically told him great other than the dead pixles . he gave me two options either contact support or he would offer to send a replacement right now so i took the replacement, hopefully the new one will be fine. Its annyoing when your playing in 3d cause the dead pixles really stand out

Predimus

Won't know anything til I go into work the rep seemed to have left for the day when I responded. Should know something Friday afternoon.

Predimus

The rep called me today said that once I get the new system I can use the fedex label that dell will provide to ship it back. rep said I should have the new Laptop by 3/2/12. I also made sure to ask if they will would inspec the new one to make sure the screen has no dead pixles, so hopefully they will do that. So far im very impressed with my alienware laptop its my first one, ive been wanting one for years. Ive watched and read some bad reviews about them but i guess its hit and miss like any electronic equipment. I actually like it better than the ASUS G74SX-TS71 that i had

Last edited:

Dantheman221

The rep called me today said that once I get the new system I can use the fedex label that dell will provide to ship it back. rep said I should have the new Laptop by 3/2/12. I also made sure to ask if they will would inspec the new one to make sure the screen has no dead pixles, so hopefully they will do that. So far im very impressed with my alienware laptop its my first one, ive been wanting one for years. Ive watched and read some bad reviews about them but i guess its hit and miss like any electronic equipment. I actually like it better than the ASUS G74SX-TS71 that i had
kinda like the situation i was in ^^ I packed up my PC, fedex guy gave me my new PC, took my old one :D

Predimus

I got my replacement today but when i turned it on for the first time I got 4 consecutive beeps and it would repeat over and over.,So i turned it off plugged it in to the wall and everything seems fine now. it had a full charge when i got the desktop should i be concerned or is something like this normal.It also seems alot slower the one im supposed to be replacing .. even though windows says everything is the same.

Last edited:

Checkmate

I would be concerned about the 4 beeps. If it happens again, I would definitely give Dell a call again.

Predimus

yeah i just got off the phone with dell they said its the motherboard, plus it was getting hot to where the first m17x wasnt. should i just keep the one with just the two dead pixles? i mean ive had no issues with it other than the two dead pixles so id have to send both back and wait another 2 weeks or so for a replacement anyone know what i should do. defently returning the new one i got today that was supposed to replace the first one.

calric

imo, get them replaced, i have neither issue with mine.

two weeks vs the pc's entire lifetime of those dead pixels staring at you will get annoying.