Need Win 8 disc and Resource DVD...

anoncan

So I bought this from a dude who didn't know what he had and I really liked it. So I decided to throw in my 256 GB SSD from my old M11X R1. Switch the two drives out and started installing 8 on the SSD and Win 7 on the M11X.

Needless to say there was no discs and I am wondering if there is a way to get the windows 8 restore and resource disc.

Yes, I have a win 8 disc but was wanting the Alienware discs not just the tutorials.

IS it possible to get the discs?

Thanks alot.

anoncan

Anybody? Should i contact Dell?

Cheers.

- - - - - Updated; Consecutive Post Auto Merged - - - - -

https://www.dell.com/support/diagnostics/us/en/19/nondiagnostichome?c=us&l=en&s=dhs

I think this may help.

Let you know.

Sarah

Well I bought mine from Dell and I didn't get any discs either. I don't think they supply discs with the Win 8 systems but I believe you can contact Dell and obtain them.

reckbates

Call Alienware/Dell Sales, ask if it's purchaseable. The resource dvd might be good for say typical factory shipped software like Nero etc, but any drivers & CmndCntr versions are probably outdated, & latest stuff get it directly from Dell.com driver/software download page for your system ... try eBay as well, might cost a little more though.