test

New 17 R3 build quality

Bearcats087

About to pull the trigger on a loaded 4k R3 but have some doubt as previous models had bad peeling issues with the soft touch materials on the case. Did Alienware fix this issue? I am concerned about the palm rest, mouse pad, and screen borders peeling off after only a few months of usage.

path

About to pull the trigger on a loaded 4k R3 but have some doubt as previous models had bad peeling issues with the soft touch materials on the case. Did Alienware fix this issue? I am concerned about the palm rest, mouse pad, and screen borders peeling off after only a few months of usage.

I have a R17 laptop for about 1 1/2 years now and nothing like that is happening to me. I have never even heard of this happening
on any messaging boards anywhere. Im going to say i think your safe from that happening. Maybe when Dell bought them the fixed that problem. I have not seen a Alienware from the old days when they owned them-self. Good luck im happy with my rig
pat

John Palamaro

New Alienware17 R3, quality looks fine. I might have a bunch of wishes, but they are minor and I am satisfied, thoroughly.

I sold many 17 R1 R2 R3 models. Only previous M17x model had peeling issues. All of the newer Alienware models does not use any paint so there is nothing to peel off. Great quality on 17 R3. Super fast laptop

Matt

Be careful about your choice I've got the new r3 17 and I'm on my third motherboard and its only 6 months old. Not happy with Dell!!!