new 18 kicks battefield 4's butt

Finally got my replacement 18 in hte mail and up and running and currently playing battelfield 4 beta , auto detect sets everything a max graphics settings and i am getting insane FPS. fraps has me at around 80fps most of the time with it dropping into the 40's during large fight scenes...

excellent game on the alienware 18.

seekee

Nov 7, 2013
United States
i did the same mistake i got the m18r2 with single gtx 680m i can play battlefield to high no aa 66 fps drop to 48-46 in a large fight with lot of smoke but now i was thinking to sli ....:( in the end i was knowing what gtx 680m but im impressed how the screen and graphic look on battlefield 4 (this is my first post hire and im happy to be part of alienware community cheers gentelmans!

MattyB

Mar 19, 2012
Adelaide, Australia
i did the same mistake i got the m18r2 with single gtx 680m i can play battlefield to high no aa 66 fps drop to 48-46 in a large fight with lot of smoke but now i was thinking to sli ....:( in the end i was knowing what gtx 680m but im impressed how the screen and graphic look on battlefield 4 (this is my first post hire and im happy to be part of alienware community cheers gentelmans!

Welcome to the gang!
Like shankc says, you can always add another card to boost your performance. Just remember though that you will most likely have to buy another heatsink and fan and also an SLI cable to link the cards. If you ordered the M18x with only 1 card to start with they probably didn't include the other hardware for the second card.

seekee

Nov 7, 2013
United States
Welcome to the gang!
Like shankc says, you can always add another card to boost your performance. Just remember though that you will most likely have to buy another heatsink and fan and also an SLI cable to link the cards. If you ordered the M18x with only 1 card to start with they probably didn't include the other hardware for the second card.

you you right sir need to buy all ......thnx gentelamans for worm welcome !!! and sorry for my poor English