test

New Alienware Member

Ronsan

Just wanted to say hi to everyone seeing as how I'm new to the community, I also joined the Alienware Arena Forums where I originally posted this.

I just ordered an Alienware Aurora with

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Intel Core i7-3820(Quad Core, 10MB Cache)
8GB Quad Channel DDR3 at 1600MHz
1.5GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio
2TB Serial ATA 3 Hard Drive (64MB Cache)
Alienware TactX Keyboard & Mouse

I'm so excited and still have 11 days of anticipation.

As you can see I left a lot of room for upgrades. I also bought the Bose surround sound speakers and they threw in a free printer...... I can't wait!

I'm thinking of trying out the new Far Cry 3 & the new Sim City on it.

Did I mention I can't wait?

So Dell canceled my Aurora due to a graphics card issue. They said the GPU I picked was incompatible with Win7, seeing as how I submitted my order online and they only give you options available for your system I hardly feel that it was my error. They said I ordered (Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 Win8) so they canceled my order and resubmitted it with (Nvidia GeForce GTX 660).

I just called them to add dual GPU's instead of a single. I figured it would be pretty easy because they just did it. So after being transferred 4 times the guy suggested that I just cancel my order and resubmit it online. So I did and this is my new system which will arrive on the 15th of April, I went ahead and upgraded the processor to 6 core, more ram, dual GPU's, and got the ALX Chassis

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, English, w/Media
Intel Core i7-3930K (Six Core, 12MB Cache) Overclocked up to 3.9Ghz
16GB (4 X 4GB) Quad Channel DDR3 at 1600MHz
Dual 1.5GB GDDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 660
Alienware Aurora X79 with ALX Chassis
19-in-1 Media Card Reader
Single Drive: 24X CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) w/double layer write capability
Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio

Last edited:

OG1-KENOBI

Welcome mate. I'm new here also and these guys are really a good bunch of people. I'm a new Aurora R4 ALX owner myself and bar the 1 blue screen issue i have had I'm loving mine.

DDuB420