New Alienware X51 Owner GPU question

Adnan

Sep 10, 2013
UK
HI All,

Just a question in regards to
(1)Upgrading the GPU to a 670 4GB is there much of a difference in relation to performance?
(2)Should i stick to my current card or do you believe that a card in the future will be available i.e 800 series that will be able to be supported by the PSU(330 watts)?

p.s I currently have a GTX 670 2GB

Many thanks In advance

sway

Apr 12, 2012
Houston
Stick with what you have and wait for 800 series, or see what amd has to offer in Oct. The 2gb 670 performs better than the 4gb, I'm not sure how to explain why, but it's slightly better.

tapping from the Nexus 4

Adnan

Sep 10, 2013
UK
Stick with what you have and wait for 800 series, or see what amd has to offer in Oct. The 2gb 670 performs better than the 4gb, I'm not sure how to explain why, but it's slightly better.

tapping from the Nexus 4

Thanks for the advice, your right. i will wait and see what the 800 series TDP is like

Many Thanks:)
Happy Gaming

I wouldn't see why the new 800 series GPUs wouldn't work on your current board. All we can do now is wait until they're actually released or nVidia decides to cough up some information we are dying for lol. I was going to wait to upgrade my GPU, but I went ahead and purchased a 750SC (free EVGA T-shirt and shipping). I figured, if the 800 series are really that much better, then I'll buy one. If you want to just upgrade, buy a 750 and game on that. Someone from the forum was able to fit one in there, no problem.