New AW systems

Maelstrom

So I just kind of noticed that all of the laptops on the AW site (except the M11x) had the "new" thing next to them so I figured out that they just released the M14xR2, the M17xR4, and the M18xR2.

Ruthless Xero

Yep. The M11X is getting discontinued. The rest now have the 600-series NVIDIA cards, PCE 3.0 support, base memory of 6GB, support for mSATA drives, and i7 processors. Unfortunately, not the new Ivy Bridge ones.

MattyB

I cant believe they're doing that! Apparently it was a big seller. I have been thinking about getting one in the next few weeks. Maybe I should get in before they all go.

You cant upgrade the graphics in the M14x. Its attached to the board. From what I've seen you can on the 17 and 18 though.

MattyB

Yeah the Oz site hasnt been updated yet. I still think I will get one.

BlackJair

I was looking after a 3D screen, but now it costs $350 and it is too expensive, at least for me it is.

I hope they make an offer so i can use it, i really want a 3D screen.

Maelstrom

The screen does come with the 3D vision kit, but it really matters whether or not you want 3D or not. If you want the 3D you have to choose on of the Nvidia GPUs though.

Dantheman221

Its not fair that you can only pick an Nvidia gpu! AMD supports 3D too! You just need a compatible monitor, glasses and the driver! Or, hook it up to your TV with the software and use your TV's 3D feature and glasses! :D

Maelstrom

I can't find anything recent about AMD having support for 3D. The most recent stuff I can find on the matter are from a years ago or more.

Ni9MM

Imo opinion 3d sucks. All these years the push has been for crisp clear 1080p. Now all of a sudden here's a nice fuzzy picture. Here these glasses will make it better. Oh yay, now people are pointing fuzzy objects at me and now I have a headache. JMO...

PoOkiExL3oi

Imo opinion 3d sucks. All these years the push has been for crisp clear 1080p. Now all of a sudden here's a nice fuzzy picture. Here these glasses will make it better. Oh yay, now people are pointing fuzzy objects at me and now I have a headache. JMO...
Hahaha that's so funny but yet so true, it is a waste of money. Everyone has there own preferences. We might not like it, but Joey from down the street might love his 3D Tv. "Fuzzzy"

Maelstrom

Hahaha that's so funny but yet so true, it is a waste of money. Everyone has there own preferences. We might not like it, but Joey from down the street might love his 3D Tv. "Fuzzzy"
17 inches is to small for 3D anyway. The only time I've ever seen anything in 3D, that was worth seeing in 3D, was at a movie theater.

PoOkiExL3oi

17 inches is to small for 3D anyway. The only time I've ever seen anything in 3D, that was worth seeing in 3D, was at a movie theater.

Same here. It's the only time I like 3D and that's only if the movie is worth watching too.