New Forum Idea

WaLkAwaY

I understand that this is supposed to be a predominately Alienware owners paradise. However I think maybe an area for people who are just wanting to come and hang out with you all to post their game play videos or thoughts the games they play. Unless we can do that anyway then just disregard this. :D

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
Sure you can do that...Do you think the Gamers Lounge category is a good place for now or do you think a sub-category in that section would work better. I'm all ears.

WaLkAwaY

If you are referring to the "Gamers Corner" area of the forums I was going off of the description. If it is okay to post gaming material there outside of Alienware type material then that should be fine. I really have no idea about running a website just modding. But from talking to cod4boards (the admin) he says that when you start off a new section that you expand it slowly so as not to spread out the forums and sub-forums area and allow people to get used to posting in an area to make it grow. For example, it is cod4boards.com but we have a lot of people that play BF there as well. when he incorporated a dedicated BattleField area it contained everything BF. After a few months I suggested based on the number of people posting game play footage of BF that we add a BattleField Videos section and now we have one and it is growing. I really only found this stuff out from talking with him and making suggestions to the site most of which were discarded based on what his experience has been with being the administrator of websites. I guess what I am saying is that you the admins (and I know you have been doing this a long time) know based on trending how a site grows and when expansion is needed or in what direction forums need to be added or discarded.

That is my long winded way of saying it is up to you as I am game for anything. :D What is the ease of use of combining or moving certain threads or topics into their own forum once they are seen to need their own area? I guess that is what I would use as the determining factor. :)

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
It's good for now. If I have to make a new section or sub-forum later and move threads, then I'll do that. And I will be happy too as that will be a good thing. :)

WaLkAwaY

Yeah it is good. I like the cleanliness of it and it is not hard to find things. There is another site I frequent that uses IP.Board. It has a lot of bells and whistles and as I have been told is very friendly as far as managing and moderation, but it is sometimes slow to load and often very hard to find things.