New guy checking in with issues already!

jikenda

Hey guys, I'm new on here and checking in...

I have an Area-51 Desktop, which I've upgraded, but have not been able to get back up and running.

Specs are as follows:
Alienware Area-51 (A11 BIOS)
Alienware XDJ4C 2.0
Core i7 970
G. Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600 tri-chan 12GB (4GB x 3)
Intel 320 Series 160GB SSD
OCZ Agility 3 SSD 60GB
OCZ Solid 3 SSD 60GB
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB /32MB cache hard drive
ATI Radeon HD 6950 x 2 (unlocked to 6970 specs)
2x Optical Lite-On 24X Dual-Layer Burner (DVD±RW)
Alienware 1100Watt Multi-GPU Approved PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit

Having issue setting the OS back on and my liquid cooling fan is no longer spinning. Not sure if this is a BIOS problem, a MIO problem, or what.. I have another MIO just in case still in the box, but everything in the system is new besides the wiring harness and hard drive fans. Hoping I can get some help/advice on this forum.

When it was working, it was beastly, but after upgrades and a baby, I haven't had the time/patience to get this beast working again. Help! haha..

Look forward to sharing with everyone.

AeonSoul

Welcome mate, althrough I can't really help you with that I wish you best of luck :p

EMT911inWI

First off, welcome to the site!

Next, let's take this one step at a time. Let's begin with your O/S problems. Can you explain in a little more detail what is going on. Are you having difficulty reinstalling the O/S completely? Will it install but not boot?

jikenda

Hey guys, I didn't want to go into my issues too much as I figure I should start a thread about that. Essentially, when the PC boots from disk with a new SSD ONLY in, I tend to get a boot loop with the Alienware BIOS screen and then the "Windows is loading," or whatever it says.. the bar on the bottom of that screen loads all the way and then it flashes for a second, goes black and we're back at the BIOS screen. I have done a CMOS reset, but I will get to it soon and start with only one video card in and maybe one stick of RAM and see what happens. When I did the Alienware/Dell Diagnostics CD, the only error I came across has for the CPU or system fan. I have no issues with replacing the MIO as I have a brand new one, but I'm not yet convinced that my issues are due to that board. Also, I will be reseating all connections and perhaps I should go back to the A10 BIOS via USB flash? Seems to be more stable, or at least for me it was.

In short....or long....I cannot even get to the Windows menu to install the OS on a new SSD.

Thanks for any help / advice. Greatly appreciated!