test

New M14x R2 i7-3840QM 16GB

So as I see most of you guys have more than one AW system, my wife surprised me with a birthday present which should be delivered in the next couple of days...

Specs

M14x R2
i7-3840QM
16GB RAM
240GB mSATA
1TB HDD
2GB nVidia GT 650M
HD+ Killer 1202 WiFi

Should be sweet!

Sora3

congrats i have about the same specs (8gb ram instead of 16) and i love it. what an awesome wife you have btw:p

I will try to keep up with you MattyB, your signature bar looks like a Chameleon is taking a nap on my screen!!

MattyB

Hahaha. Don't do it! I look at it and think how my mortgage has suffered at the hands of my AW addiction!

SpyderBite

Make sure you update the Killer wifi drivers from the Dell site and not the Killer website. For some reason it disables the adapter on boot until you remove it, wipe the software using the tool provided on their site, then do a fresh install of the wifi drivers from the Dell site.

Dealt with that nightmare for four days before I figured a way out of that vicious circle. ;)

Make sure you update the Killer wifi drivers from the Dell site and not the Killer website. For some reason it disables the adapter on boot until you remove it, wipe the software using the tool provided on their site, then do a fresh install of the wifi drivers from the Dell site.

Dealt with that nightmare for four days before I figured a way out of that vicious circle. ;)

Thanks for the tip! Will do tonight!

- - - - - Updated; Double Post Auto Merged - - - - -

Must stop spending money...

photo.jpg

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 11

MattyB

No don't! It makes you feel better. For a little while anyway then you just need to buy something else.

yikes81

No don't! It makes you feel better. For a little while anyway then you just need to buy something else.

I agree. You should not have to stop spending money. Just make more.

Sent via Tapatalk

MattyB

My M11x R2 arrived here at work today so I'm feeling very happy. That feeling will only last a week or so though. I still want a red M11x R3! That's my Holy Grail.

My M11x R2 arrived here at work today so I'm feeling very happy. That feeling will only last a week or so though. I still want a red M11x R3! That's my Holy Grail.

Now Matthew that will be your third M11x?! How can you have 7 AW laptops? One for each room?

Last edited:

MattyB

Now Matthew that will be your third M11x?! How can you have AW laptops? One for each room?

I don't think I'll be getting one anytime soon. They don't come up very often. When I originally ordered my M11x R3 I asked for a red one but they were all gone and the M11x was being discontinued so no more were being made. I always felt like it was my destiny to have one so I will keep trying. :D

I was playing around with my new purchase and everything was running really dim and slow...
After deleting drivers, installing new ones both from the Dell and nVidia site but nothing doing.
Windows 8 was doing my head in!!
So I discovered in the driver manager that the intel HD4000 had been disabled!
So everything works fine now and this is a little beast of a machine!!

I'm really happy with my new M14x!
I am surprised how easily it plays games at high video settings.
Got a cooling pad and everything is running at good temps.
The danger is now that I take it to work!

MattyB

Yeah me too. As long as we're not the ones getting punched out we'll be fine!