New Member Owner of A18 Laptop

Hi Everyone! Just wanted to get input if I selected a forward thinking unit. Here are the generals:

- 4810mq overclocked to 4ghz
- Dual GTX880M video cards 16g (2 x 8g)
- 1TB 5400rpm hard drive with 80G SSD Caching
- 16g DDR3 dual channel 1600hz
- Dual Band wireless AC 7260 5ghz + bluetooth

I may want to later add a 1TB SSD- is it worth it? I could swing the price now, but in a year perhaps. Any tips or tweeks or concerns that I should be aware of?

Thanks! :cool:

- - - - - Updated; Consecutive Post Auto Merged - - - - -

Consequently, I will be purchasing a different hard drive... should I just stick with SSD and as much space as I can on the single drive? Any suggestions? Can someone point me to a purchase point and compatible plug in unit? I'm looking at simple reinstall of OS and 2 screws to change out?

Also, is the 1TB HDD + 80G SSD cache a hybrid?

I should be able to image the OS and factory software with Acronis and then re-install on a single SSD no?

HELP!

Will this work? SAMSUNG 840 EVO MZ-7TE1T0BW 2.5" 1TB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

Last edited:

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
Feb 2, 2012
Hi Everyone! Just wanted to get input if I selected a forward thinking unit. Here are the generals:

- 4810mq overclocked to 4ghz
- Dual GTX880M video cards 16g (2 x 8g)
- 1TB 5400rpm hard drive with 80G SSD Caching
- 16g DDR3 dual channel 1600hz
- Dual Band wireless AC 7260 5ghz + bluetooth

I may want to later add a 1TB SSD- is it worth it? I could swing the price now, but in a year perhaps. Any tips or tweeks or concerns that I should be aware of?

Thanks! :cool:

- - - - - Updated; Consecutive Post Auto Merged - - - - -

Consequently, I will be purchasing a different hard drive... should I just stick with SSD and as much space as I can on the single drive? Any suggestions? Can someone point me to a purchase point and compatible plug in unit? I'm looking at simple reinstall of OS and 2 screws to change out?

Also, is the 1TB HDD + 80G SSD cache a hybrid?

I should be able to image the OS and factory software with Acronis and then re-install on a single SSD no?

HELP!

Will this work? SAMSUNG 840 EVO MZ-7TE1T0BW 2.5" 1TB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

Welcome to AWO!