test

new mobile after over 3 years

Well finally going to get my first smart phone ever, Lumia 920. I went for the camera and windows os since I'm not much of a mobile person or have an app-etise for these things lol

After my C905 died in '09 this will be my new phone, technically been using basic spare phones from my ex, a friend and my mom all this time :p

Any tips, dos and don'ts you can tell me will be appreciated. Despite the other shit I'm in, eager to get my hands on it.

m15chief

Don't ever let it go completely flat. I had a lumina and if I let the charge go too low it refused to recharge when it was plugged back in

Maelstrom

As far as mobile devices go Android > everything else. But since you've already decided on the Lumia then just make sure you don't drop it. Nothing is uglier than a screen with a thousand cracks in it.

yikes81

Get a screen protector and a good cover.

Don't overload it with apps. Load one app at a time, so if you get any issues, it's easier to identify the problem.

Remember smart phones are computers too. A reboot may be required periodically.

Sent via Tapatalk

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
I am going to keep my iPhone 4 until it no longer works. :) It can get costly upgrading when something newer comes out. Contracts, ETFs, etc. (unless you really need that new feature - whatever it be)

Shadowspike

Im using an s3since a few months after upgrading from the nokia n8 and its been a nice experience
PeRsonally suggest against goin in for a lumia cause you wont like it
DosEnt let you share anything with your friends thru bluetooth nor can u accept anything from them

- - - - - Updated; Double Post Auto Merged - - - - -

Iv used my friends lumia but comparatively to the s three it chokes
PrIcing is also pretty similar
Check out the new sony z comin out and the s 4 its wayyy better

- - - - - Updated; Double Post Auto Merged - - - - -

Sorry I forgot to add one last thing iv heard that windows phones still is workin on removing some kinks out from the windows software cus apparently its crashes pretty often on phones but my friends havent faced such problems so cant confirm the same
BUt trust me try using one for a few days before gbuying one
I love phones a lot so ....yea overload of info lol

Alright I get it don't drop it lol (seriously you guys couldn't come up with something better? y'all are getting old or what?)
yeah I intend to get a cover case for it.
I went over the nokia forums and did some research too. I personally don't care much about the android vs. ios thing and windows being the hipster option, since this is my first smartphone I'm basically clueless as it is, I just like the awesome camera, screen and windows appears a fresh thing.

Also what about bloatware, those redundant crap which doesn't get removed without a format? is that here too? I mean question is, is it advisable to directly go use it or do some factory reset first?

iPhone was my first choice but it's outrageously expensive here, after conversion it nearly goes upto 2000$ heck putting more I can get another AW!

Commy1

Get the iPhone 5 instead o_e beeeaaautiful little machine. Apple has won my vote in almost everything mobile.
In fact, to share this. I bought an iPad 4th gen this passed December, I purchased the Zagg Profolio, the Smart case (red) and most recently the Adonit Jot Pro stylus, I have never been more happy with a piece of technology, I doubt I'll ever need to use pen and paper again when it comes to art or note taking. Just spending the 4.99 on the Procreate App, and 30$ on this stylus, by comparison to a draw-on-screen type tablet, I've saved more than 1000$.
Look it up if you're into mobile stylus, it works with on a lot of different screens, Samsung Galaxy, Note, iPhone, iPad, HTC, etc.

MattyB

I wouldn't know too many people who would get an iphone 5 for $2000!! That's just crazy!!

Commy1

You miss understand, I was totally off topic. I have the iPhone 5 and love it, what I was referring to was my iPad, how Apple products will probably always be my choice for mobile tech.
With an app and a 30$ stylus I basically made myself a mobile drawing platform similar to these:

http://www.wacom.com/en/products/pen-displays/cintiq/cintiq-12wx

http://www.wacom.com/products/pen-displays/cintiq/cintiq-24hd-touch

I think the pros and cons weigh each other out pretty well comparing my set up to one of these.

SpyderBite

I use sketchbook pro and an adonit jot pro for illustration on my iPad. For serious work however, I will go back to my intuos 4. :)

Shadowspike

U get an I phone 5 64gb version out here for 57000 rupees approx 1000 $
Who in the world told u 2000 $ pm me if u wana knw from where

Maelstrom

I kind of think that $1000 is to much for a phone anyway. I'd rather have a flip phone and use my tablet for games and stuff.

Commy1

Remember tha Foxconn isn't owned by Apple, Apple the company has no say as to how they treat their own employees.
It was suggested that with Apples hoard of 137 Billion dollars that they start buying up pipe line companies like this, so they could control more. If the same conditions happened after they purchase I'd be a little more worried. I can imagine though, if you were a chinese worker you're probably think Foxconn was an ok place to work compared to others that I've heard of.

"Apple found violations of its code of conduct after inspecting 396 of it's sub-contractor facilities."
Dailymail

I'm willing to bet that the factories assembling Alienware computers aren't any better.

Maelstrom

"Apple found violations of its code of conduct after inspecting 396 of it's sub-contractor facilities."
Dailymail

I'm willing to bet that the factories assembling Alienware computers aren't any better.

This is true for pretty much any company that outsources production. The reason that they do it is because it's a lot cheaper. And the reason it's so much cheaper is because there are limited safety and working condition regulations in countries like China. If any of these products were made in the U.S. they would be significantly more expensive then they are now. That's not really an excuse for not producing them in the U.S. but that's just how it is.

Commy1

This is true for pretty much any company that outsources production. The reason that they do it is because it's a lot cheaper. And the reason it's so much cheaper is because there are limited safety and working condition regulations in countries like China. If any of these products were made in the U.S. they would be significantly more expensive then they are now. That's not really an excuse for not producing them in the U.S. but that's just how it is.
I agree, though if... well mostly anything was produced anywhere in North America, the price would be ridiculous to the point of not worth it. I don't condone it, just saying you can't go fanatical on any company because of how they produce. same goes for organic foods, but that's another story XD

yikes81

Yes that is true. A lot of dodgy crap goes on in the back ground.

I have gone off Apple primarily because of iTunes. I am leaning towards the Samsung GS4 due to octo core processor, full hd screen and support for FLAC audio.

Sent via Tapatalk

sway

Yes that is true. A lot of dodgy crap goes on in the back ground.

I have gone off Apple primarily because of iTunes. I am leaning towards the Samsung GS4 due to octo core processor, full hd screen and support for FLAC audio.

Sent via Tapatalk

If your in America you won't get the exynos octa core processor as it doesn't play well with lte, they're putting in the snapdragon in n the American version. I'm sure there won't be a huge performance gap between the two though if any. Just like they did with the s3, except the s3 oversees had quad core exynos, the one in America only had a dual core Snapdragon

tappin from the Note II