New nvidia graphics cards!

The new nvidia GTX 980 & 970 are ready for release - anyone upgrading?
heres some stats -
http://www.pcgamer.com/uk/2014/09/1...4k-and-single-gpu-benchmarks-and-impressions/

remains to be verified out of a Laboratory in my humble opinion :)

the previous cards should begin to drop in price too.. gonna stick with my 880 for now and maybe treat myself at Christmas! happy gaming N

I am trying to decide if I should go from Dual Gtx-780 Superclocked to 980's, or just keep what I have.

Tuqan

I have just installed the GTX 870 in my rig but can't get it to be recognized by the Installer to load drivers....BIOS sees it but windows keeps loading the Standard VGA driver.....any help here?

Rig is a M17x R4 btw....

Last edited:

tmmedic20

I have just installed the GTX 870 in my rig but can't get it to be recognized by the Installer to load drivers....BIOS sees it but windows keeps loading the Standard VGA driver.....any help here?

Rig is a M17x R4 btw....
Have you tried a clean install instead of express?

MattyB

You will need a modded driver to run a card like that in an older laptop. Go on eBay and search for an 870m on there. Try to find a seller called upgradeyourlaptop. They will have a link in the product description for a driver for your card and your machine. Thats what I did when installing my 780Ms into my M18x