test

New owner with problematic multimedia keys

ROB666

I was just wondering if anyone has suggestions regarding the Multimedia interface..
I have only just taken delivery and everything is great except that none of the buttons work to increase//decrease volume or eject etc..
All buttons are illuminated.. I've read a few posts where ppl have had problems so I thought i'd ask if anyone knew any fixes...
Any help would be fantastic!!!

MattyB

Welcome! Sounds like a job for Dell support. You're machine should be 100% perfect right out of the box so I would contact them straight away. It could be a simple wiring issue or something a little more serious. I could instruct you how to pull off the bezel which surrounds your keyboard but since it's brand new I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that. There is one cable which plugs into the bezel which has the lighting on it as well as the stuff you're having issues with. Maybe it's not connected properly.

At the end of the day, it's not your problem to deal with. Hit them up for it. At least it's not vital to use the keys.

yikes81

Hey, I agree with MattyB. Call Dell support right away and get it fixed .. FOR FREE!! It should be 100% out of the box.

AeonSoul

Before calling support, try installing Alienware OSD drivers, maybe they're just missing. You got them either on one of the disks they sent you with the laptop (the one containing all the drivers most likely), or you can download them from dell support center.

Meaker

<b>Retailer</b>
Yes those touch panels do need the correct drivers to work properly, though they should be on the default install.

nE0n1nja

Yes, although they should work right out of the box, just try to install the latest On Screen Display driver from DELL's support page before calling them, might save you some trouble.