test

New Phone Recommendations

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
I'm out of contract and looking to get a new cell phone. I currently have an iPhone 4, I been looking at getting either the Samsung Galaxy S4, HTC One, or the Galaxy Note 2.

If you have any if these, please weight in with your opinion.

Thx.

MattyB

So many people are moving away from Apple. I think the 5 will be my last one.
It would be interesting to see some latest market share information.

sway

The note 3 is very near and specs look great, I'd consider that. I had the note 2 and loved it, but gave up Verizon and went to t mobile and got a nexus 4. I've got a friend that has the one and gs4, the one has a terrible camera for anything other than low light. The gs4 is an all around better pick, it has everything. The note 3 is suppose to take the gs4 design, be a lil lighter, have bigger screen (5.99") while keeping the same overall size of the note 2. Slimming the bezel making the screen bigger.

Imo I'd wait if you can, bc there are some interesting phone's coming like the note 3, moto x phone, and the one max (htc superphone) to compete with the Samsung note. Even a nexus 5 is very close to being announced. If you can't wait though I'd def go gs4.

Ill mention also that I had every iPhone up to 4 and once I went android, I never looked back. Ios is boring and multitasking is a joke, Apple is years behind on features compared to Samsung. Not Apple bashing, that's all my opinion of course, they do very few things right.
tappin from the Nexus 4

Last edited:

AeonSoul

I'd probably buy the HTC One if had to buy one these days, dunno, I like it.

ejohnson

Check out the new sony xperia line. They are a bit pricey, but they are water and dust proof :)

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
Thx for the input. I checked out the Sony, it's a nice looking phone. I don't think I want to wait for the Note 3. They say maybe Sept, could be later.

If I watched movies on the phone I'd go with the HTC One for its better sound, but I don't so I think the S4 may be my next phone. I like that you have access to the battery and its has removable storage.

I'm currently with AT&T but Sprint has some better priced plans. Their coverage is the same as AT&T in my area too. Decisions decisions.

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
I upgraded to the S4 today. I should get it next week. I stayed with ATT since I was able to upgrade my plan and get a lower price than what I am paying now.

Maelstrom

I upgraded to the S4 today. I should get it next week. I stayed with ATT since I was able to upgrade my plan and get a lower price than what I am paying now.

If you had waited a few months you could have gotten the one that is waterproof.

yikes81

I think the Samsung S4 is the better choice. I have dropped it a couple of times and is still working fine. The HTC One screen cracked straight away.

The only thing to be careful of us if you get a Sandisk SD card, it may unmount itself. Most of the time it's the faulty SD batch. You should get it replaced in this case.

Tapatalk'n

Last edited:

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
Thanks for the heads up. I'm looking at getting an OtterBox Defender case for it.

Commy1

iPhone 5S ;D
But if you demand the Droid then the S4 is a nice "little" device