test

New TactX Keyboard - Fail!

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
Yeah, I chatted with Customer Care today. They are sending out a new one via UPS Next Day Air.

PoOkiExL3oi

"Haha wowzers!" That's the first thanks for posting the pic mad funny. Send it back and give em hell.

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
The new one came in today. And I got a call from Dell asking of I received it and that they were sorry for the defect. So were good now. :)

Maelstrom

The new one came in today. And I got a call from Dell asking of I received it and that they were sorry for the defect. So were good now. :)

Awesome; and I wonder if they'll let you order one with Alien Caret as the font.

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
The replacement kb had 3 keys with slightly worn looking edges. It was the 1,2,3 G key row selector buttons just above the ESC key. I swapped them out with the other kb that had the upside menu. :)

Sending back the defective kb today with the prepaid label they gave me. :)

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
The replacement kb died yesterday. Unbelievable!! I talk to Dell last night, they have already shipped out another replacement. What is going on with the quality control!

yikes81

arg .. lucky it is only the keyboard. too bad you could not keep the faulty keyboard as a memento for archiving.

AeonSoul

The replacement kb died yesterday. Unbelievable!! I talk to Dell last night, they have already shipped out another replacement. What is going on with the quality control!

I don't know, but I've read quite often about AW mouse and kayboards dying at top after 6 months :s

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
They are made by Logitech, who makes decent stuff. Maybe its just a bad batch. I remember they were out of stock a while back. My other AW keyboard has lasted over 3 years with no problems.

AeonSoul

They are made by Logitech, who makes decent stuff. Maybe its just a bad batch. I remember they were out of stock a while back. My other AW keyboard has lasted over 3 years with no problems.

Oh didn't knew they were made by Logitech. If that's the case than that's weird, usually Logitech products are top notch.

yikes81

really? the AW peripherals are made by logitech? learn something new everyday!

DDuB420

I've been wanting a tactx keyboard for awhile now, I have the mouse and have no complaints about it. I'm insure I want to pay for one after reading this thread tho.