test

New to Alienware and m17x! :)

Scully32

Hey all, I'm Julie. Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a long time Dell owner, but new to Alienware. I'm on my 2nd laptop, the first one arrived with damaged USB's. AW made it right though and replaced the laptop. They also let me use the 15% off coupon, which allowed me to upgrade the SSD for the same price!

Here's my specs:

M17x R4
i7-3820QM
WideFHD1920 x 1080 60Hz WLED
16GB RAM
512GB SSD
AMD Radeon 7970M
Blu-Ray
Killer Wireless-N

I've already bought the Tactx mouse. Now I'm just considering the rest of my set up... Do I want the Tactx keyboard, an external monitor, etc. Right now I'm looking to buy the tactical messenger bag, but looking for a coupon since I think $120 is high. I'm also looking at cooling pads. Probably going to get the Targus HD3 since it will spend a lot of time on my lap, bed, couch.

Anywho, hope to learn some stuff while I'm here... :)

Welcome to the AWO! that is one killer rig
well I don't know why you require a separate keyboard, I'd rather suggest first spend money on a decent cooler and yeah the bag if you are on the go.
feel free to ask around, ppl are helpful here :)

Scully32

Welcome to the AWO! that is one killer rig
well I don't know why you require a separate keyboard, I'd rather suggest first spend money on a decent cooler and yeah the bag if you are on the go.
feel free to ask around, ppl are helpful here :)

Thanks!

Yeah, I'm definitely going to do a cooler. :) Still undecided on the bag.

Welcome to the Alienware Owners Forums!

Thanks! :D

MattyB

Welcome to the club!!

I would definitely recommend the Tactx keyboard if you ever plan on hooking up your machine to a big screen. I sometimes connect mine to my 55inch and sit back on the couch. Its pretty uncomfortable. That's why my Tactx Keyboard is on the way!

Yeti

You should enjoy the TactX keyboard. I recently got mine and it's pretty nice to type on. Only issue for me is I ended up getting a US version (different key layout to what I'm used to)

yikes81

Hey, welcome welcome.
Get a cooler for sure. I got the coolermaster notepal u3 for $30. Its awesome.

AeonSoul

Welcome, nice rig!
Get a cooler if you spend alot of time gaming. As far as it goes for keyboards, unless you're a brand maniac you can get somehting else that the TactX and even cheaper, but that's just a matter of personal tastes :p

wilbymilstone

Welcome to the forum. That is a great rig you have. Many members here will recommend the Coolermaster U3. Since you have the M17x, why would you need a TactX keyboard?