test

New to Alienware!

MattyB

A lot of people think that an AW machine must full every expectation from everybody, it's just another brand, and as any other brand, has problems, but AW has minor than others ;)

I mean, don't expect an AW system to fly!

Not yet but I shall expect it sometime it the near future!! :D

calric

welcome matty; this mx17r3 was my first alienware as well. i've had mine since early December. It is an awesome machine.
you should have no problems carrying it around. I load mine up in a backpack every weekend and its not very heavy.

and novasti; yea tf2 will not really tax the card nor system, its an 'older game' now; so its system specs required for it wouldn't get close. i was playing sw:tor earlier and i thought i felt mine being taxed some during one of the pvp sections; but then again i had LoL running as well and no power plugged in, so it was probably that too. (combination of lower battery level and multiple things going on) -_X

MattyB

welcome matty; this mx17r3 was my first alienware as well. i've had mine since early December. It is an awesome machine.
you should have no problems carrying it around. I load mine up in a backpack every weekend and its not very heavy.

and novasti; yea tf2 will not really tax the card nor system, its an 'older game' now; so its system specs required for it wouldn't get close. i was playing sw:tor earlier and i thought i felt mine being taxed some during one of the pvp sections; but then again i had LoL running as well and no power plugged in, so it was probably that too. (combination of lower battery level and multiple things going on) -_X

Cheers calric. It's good to be part of the team. This is my first gaming laptop. Very new into the whole gaming world (online) really. Although I've been playing since my old Amiga 500 (which I miss dearly). I really have no problems carrying this one around as I'm stuck in the office most of the time. Its a bit big on the plane though.

BlackJair

Mine weights about 15lbs, i take it to college everyday and i think im becoming stonger 8D It's not just the most powerfull laptop, it also makes you stronger!

It's almost a living hell, sometimes i think of buying another lap xD

MattyB

Mine weights about 15lbs, i take it to college everyday and i think im becoming stonger 8D It's not just the most powerfull laptop, it also makes you stronger!

It's almost a living hell, sometimes i think of buying another lap xD

You should buy another laptop. Get another M17x so you have one on each side to even out the weight distribution.

yikes81

Cheers calric. It's good to be part of the team. This is my first gaming laptop. Very new into the whole gaming world (online) really. Although I've been playing since my old Amiga 500 (which I miss dearly). I really have no problems carrying this one around as I'm stuck in the office most of the time. Its a bit big on the plane though.

Amiga 500 !!!!! My first ever gaming experience!!

MattyB

Amiga 500 !!!!! My first ever gaming experience!!

How great was it!!!! Chaos engine, Rodland, Afterburner, Jaguar XJ220, Speedball, Pinball Dreams, Hunter........................the list goes on and on and on. Would love it if they re-released these games for todays machines. I'm thinking of using my old crappy Toshiba laptop as an emulator for all those classics to keep my youth alive!

yikes81

I dunno if the games would be as good as i remember them. Maybe some would, but not all. I am happy to leave some in my memories. They play better there. LoL

MattyB

I dunno if the games would be as good as i remember them. Maybe some would, but not all. I am happy to leave some in my memories. They play better there. LoL

I'm sure you're right. I would hate to destroy the memories I have. I did get Pinball Dreams on my phone and it's still as awesome as ever. I think I may still try it. I can make new memories with my Alienware. Only so much room upstairs.