test

New to Alienware

Daddoo13

My rig died over the weekend and my wife feeling bad for me ordered me a R3 17 that should be here next week. I'm not sure of the specs cause she wants to surprise me. Being my first Alienware and first gaming laptop (I know they get a bad rep for being under powered and overly costly in general), what can I expect as far as performance in general? I normally play wow, the division, d3, and over watch currently. Thank you in advanced.

path

This goes for any computer, if your system is slow put in a SSD drive that in itself will increase performance alot. Also if you can swing it try to increase memory the two things together will make a slower computer seem more like a faster computer really.
pat

path

Not sure but if those r the details of ur new system i think ur going to be just fine. Don't know what u had b4 but my system is not quiet this powerful and i have no problems playing games. On some games i cant max out the settings but can come close. I don't even have a SSD drive. Think youll be happy with ur new system. Unless your a massive totally freak of a gamer you should have no complaints . ur wife did good i wish my wife would buy me one hehe. The only problem i have with my system (i knew b4 i bought) is the battery is not big enough. I get about 2 1/2 hours of use. but thats the trade off more power less battery less power more battery. just make sure you dont keep it pluged in all the time let the battery run down. it will make ur battery last longer. got to use it or loose it. good luck ur a lucky man with a system like this.