New to the club - Denver Area

IamCORROSIVE

Nov 4, 2014
Denver
Hi all. I recently got a good deal on an outlet x51 R2 to replace my old desktop computer. I joined this forum to see how other x51 users are modding and liking their rigs.

I did have a few questions which I should probably post in the x51 sub but figured the last hit there was last month, so I may be better off here.

1. Will an Intel 7260 card work well in the x51 R2? I Had one in my yoga pro 2 and loved it (ac > n)

2. Can the CPU be upgraded? I have an i3-4150 (base processor) with the GTX 760 ti card and figure the CPU may end up being a bottleneck... then again... from what I have read, most games would only get about 2-4 FPS better with a much more expensive i7. Thoughts?

Thanks and great forum!

Mike

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
Feb 2, 2012
Hi all. I recently got a good deal on an outlet x51 R2 to replace my old desktop computer. I joined this forum to see how other x51 users are modding and liking their rigs.

I did have a few questions which I should probably post in the x51 sub but figured the last hit there was last month, so I may be better off here.

1. Will an Intel 7260 card work well in the x51 R2? I Had one in my yoga pro 2 and loved it (ac > n)

2. Can the CPU be upgraded? I have an i3-4150 (base processor) with the GTX 760 ti card and figure the CPU may end up being a bottleneck... then again... from what I have read, most games would only get about 2-4 FPS better with a much more expensive i7. Thoughts?

Thanks and great forum!

Mike

Welcome Mike!