test

New x51 ariving soon need a little help

Uk-alien

Hi Everyone

Been lucky enough for the GF to buy me a x51. Got the i7-3770, gtx660 version with 330w psu arriving in a week or so.
Anyway was wondering what antivirus people would recommend for gaming. Also I was looking at getting a portable harddrive like the bipra 120gb and was wondering as its not got an external power supplier and draws power through the usb will this be an issue for me. ( I have a wd 2tb external with power supplier but find it a hassle to carry around)

Would also appreciate any tips people have on using there x51 drivers/software.

Cheers

Uk-alien

Thanks for the reply. Would you recommend anything to run along side this?

- - - - - Updated - - - - -

Just realised i posted this in the m15x owner not x51, anyone know how to move it?

yikes81

Most good antivirus require payment, and may require a little manual input. What you do not want is a fully automatic antivirus, as it would let in a lot of potentially malicious items.

So most major antivirus will be fine. It's just personal preference.

And in regards to USB, as mentioned, it will be fine. Your PC has a PSU, so it will supply power as needed. No issues there.

Sent via Tapatalk

AeonSoul

No you won't have any problem with a protable USB, it does not draw that much power so that your PSU will struggle and give you problems, worry not.

As for antivirus, I find that the best antivirus you could get, to start with, is your brain :p
After that, you can go with anything. If you don't feel like paying for a commercial product there are alot of free antivirus that pretty much do the same job (something like avast! should do the trick I suppose).

As for the moving the thread in the proper section, either we wait for Tommy or for a moderator to do so.