test

Newby Saying Hello

L60N

New member saying hi.

Just placed an order for a new Aurora a couple of days back and looking forward to recieving it! :D

I would like to ask how the backup is for support such as BIOS updates etc.

Does the Aurora ship with any bloat?

I have specced the following, with a view to upgrading a couple of things perhaps in the future such as crossfiring when I can get hold of a cheap 7870. Also I'll throw in a storage drive pretty soon after receiving it.

I went with a 3820 as i'll be using this machine for gaming only and light photo editing so should suffice for the next couple of years. :)

Here is the main spec

Alienware Aurora : ALX Matte Black 875W Chassis 1
Optical Drive : DVD+/-RW (Read/Write) 24x 1
Sound : Integrated HDA 7.1 Dolby Digital capability 1
Processor : Intel Core i7-3820 (Four Core, 10MB Cache) 3.60GHz 1
Keyboard : UK/Irish (QWERTY) Alienware Multimedia Keyboard 1
Memory : 8192MB (4x2GB) 1600MHz DDR3 Quad Channel 1
Media Card Reader : Alienware 19-in-1 Media card reader 1
Hard Drive : 256GB 6Gb/s Solid State Drive 1
Graphics : 2GB GDDR5 AMD Radeon HD7870 1
Gaming Software : Steam Gaming forum and download application 1
Wireless: 802.11n WiFi and Bluetooth 2.1 EDR USB Combo Adapter (ROW) 1
Mice : Alienware TactX Mouse 1

After the 10% off this really was a great deal!

Thanks for having me around. :)

PoOkiExL3oi

Great to have you here and congrats on your new rig. Enjoy it as much as I do.

MattyB

Welcome buddy.

As far as I have seen, Alienware is pretty light-on when it comes to bloatware. My 2 laptops were like that anyway.

Enjoy your beast!

holeyguy66

enjoy the new beast and when you finally get it in dont be affriad when you hear the god lke voice when you hit the power button.alien respawn is pretty handy autopsy is also very handy. i woudnt really call it all bloatware

yikes81

welcome and congrats to you on your buy!
should be light if no bloatware.

Maelstrom

Congrats on the rig and welcome to the site. Like everyone before me said there shouldn't be much bloatware with your Aurora.

L60N

Glad to hear I wont need to do a fresh install.

I shall look forward to the godlike voice declaring "holy sh*t"!

Cheers for the welcome. :)

JennyM

Welcome :) Hope you have many fun filled days with your new 'Alienware baby' :)

Spetz

Hi there! I'm fairly new as well, just received my Aurora ALX less than a month ago.

Glad to say that there was zero bloat ware installed on my machine, except for the AlienFX type things, if you even want to consider it bloatware. It did come with McAfee AV, but I removed that and installed my licensed AVG software instead.

There was ALOT of updating to complete, driver wise, and it comes with no flashpayer etc type things, but I had it all up to date within 2 hours or so. One thing I recommend is installing the newest version of the AlienFX control panel. The version that shipped with mine only worked half the time and the resolution was very low (fuzzy). I reinstalled it and it worked 100% and reflected the native res I run, 1920x1200.

I did have issues with the computer not recognizing the refresh rate on one of my monitors, but within the CCC panel, you have an option relating to refresh rate (can't remember what it is exactly) but once that was checked off, it all worked fine.

Our machines are pretty close. I got the HD 7970 GPU and 3930k CPU, no SSD either..

LW_Black4

Enjoy your new Rig. For gaming it's best to have a big-ass card and a system that won't hold it back, and you've selected well in that regard.
Have fun with it, and play hard!

DeRon1

Welcome m8 you are sure to enjoy you're Rig as we all enjoy our monsters! ;) enjoy this place as well gr8 peeps here

DeRon1

Is there a better looking Desktop? ;)

View attachment 546

thats just an awesome picture and the feeling behind the power is second to none!! "I WANT IT NOW"

I am plotting how i'm gonna sneak this past my wife! because every time I see one I come that much closer to a divorce LMAO ;)

DDuB420

Welcome to the forums, word of advice get a SSD for that beast. It's worth the money for the upgrade in performance.

L60N

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

DeRon1 I wouldn't promote getting a divorce, but for a second I had to think haha!! ;-)

I have the 256gb SSD option. :) It boots up, fins flair and ready in about 15 seconds. Awesome peice of kit!!

I use this machine only for bf3 right now and also to play guitar at night to keep the neighbours from plotting to kill me.