test

Next Gen!

LoneGunMan77v

Well have had my alien for 10 months now and have fell in love with PC gaming, so much in-fact I have cancelled both my Xbox one and PS4 pre-order. However my wife has offered to get me a new graphics card for Christmas and the question I have for you all is this....Will I notice much more of a performance increase upgrading from a gtx660 1.5gb to a gtx760 2gb..Am only a 1080p gamer so will the 760 increase fps by much? and is it a worthwhile upgrade or just keep on with the 660?....Many thanks guys for any input you can give on this:)

MattyB

You will notice a little difference but not a huge amount. You should be able to tweak some settings a bit higher (like AA) while still getting good frame rates. If you want to upgrade you would be better off getting a 780 and selling the 660 but for that price you may just want to reorder one of your consoles and buy a few games for it!
I would go for the 780! :)

sway

You will notice a little difference but not a huge amount. You should be able to tweak some settings a bit higher (like AA) while still getting good frame rates. If you want to upgrade you would be better off getting a 780 and selling the 660 but for that price you may just want to reorder one of your consoles and buy a few games for it!
I would go for the 780! :)

780 in x51? Don't think so matty...

670ftw barely fits in the x51, and the 780 is bigger. Your extremely limited in the x51. I'm not sure of the measurements bc it's new and hasn't been done yet, but maybe a r9 290 MIGHT fit and be within the power requirements of your psu. Those gpus perform really close to 780s. Or just go with a 670/680 since its been done and def works.

tappin from my neXus 5

Last edited:

MattyB

Oops. I didn't take note of the section I was in. My bad. I was thinking Aurora for some reason.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sway

Oops. I didn't take note of the section I was in. My bad. I was thinking Aurora for some reason.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I thought that might be the case, would be sick to throw in that gpu though.

tappin from my neXus 5

bignazpwns

780 in x51? Don't think so matty...

670ftw barely fits in the x51, and the 780 is bigger. Your extremely limited in the x51. I'm not sure of the measurements bc it's new and hasn't been done yet, but maybe a r9 290 MIGHT fit and be within the power requirements of your psu. Those gpus perform really close to 780s. Or just go with a 670/680 since its been done and def works.

tappin from my neXus 5

For
S's and G's i put a titan in my X51. Had to power it with my desktops 1kw psu lol. But it can fit a titan in it. So all you need is 2 of the 330watt psu's and some eletronics know how and you can get it to work out.