test

no lights with new command center

beau511

Hi,
I have installed the new command center 3.5 in my R4 and lost all light , I have removed and re-installed many times with no results, I have windows 8.1 please I need help.

Claude....Thanks

beau511

Thanks a million MattyB I even called alienware support and they said to re-install windows 8 was the only solution until they find a solution for windows 8.1.

Claude

shem1410

i had a similar issue with windows 8.1 ... drove my insane... everytime i tried to open command center it would just crash... my solution was a surprise... i type in the name of my theme at the start menu ... it searched and found it... i double clicked on the theme file and the command center started working ... works fine now on win 8.1

MattyB

No problems. Glad to help. Hopefully you can get the new version to work soon

beau511

uupdate

I realised after using the older command center for a while that the lights are fine but the fans (witch is worst) go full speed under very light stress.
I called alienware support and even if the 8.1 driver is out in the Dell site they insist that they do not support 8.1 and tells me to re-install windows 8 , I saw a possible fix but it seems very complicated so I did not do it.
I am still wondering what I should do, wait for the 8.1 support or start anew with windows 8 , but I am convinced that command center will not work properly after installation of win 8 but at least I will get support.

Claude

osikes

I realised after using the older command center for a while that the lights are fine but the fans (witch is worst) go full speed under very light stress.
I called alienware support and even if the 8.1 driver is out in the Dell site they insist that they do not support 8.1 and tells me to re-install windows 8 , I saw a possible fix but it seems very complicated so I did not do it.
I am still wondering what I should do, wait for the 8.1 support or start anew with windows 8 , but I am convinced that command center will not work properly after installation of win 8 but at least I will get support.

Claude

I've noticed the exact same issue with fans running high speed under light stress, very frustrating that Alienware isn't supporting 8.1 yet.

beau511

Alienware does not support 8.1 , they say that they know the problem and will fix it eventually but surprize, Dell support 8.1 and the light and fan problem on the phone Dell took over my pc and said that the main core was overheating, they sent a tech, he changed the I/O board and replaced the liquid cooling system. I think the overheating was a wrong signal sent by the defective command center but anyway to my surprise all is fine now, the problem is fixed.

Claude