test

No numpad on M14x

Well this bothered me for sometime. Although I use the on screen keyboard "when necessary" I always wondered why is there no pssoeudo numpad, well since a 14 or 11 inch laptop doesn't have em. Even my 5 year old sort of garbage hp pavilion has it.

Maelstrom

I think that if they put a numpad on the M14x or M11x (for sure) the keys would be to small to use. At the very least the keys would be squashed and uncomfortable to use.

MattyB

That's one of the reasons I went for the M17x. My last Toshiba didn't have the numpad and I found it a little annoying. Not sure how the could fit one on the M14x.

BlackJair

They should use a virual numpad pressing fn+(any key), like "U(9),I(8),O(7),J(6),K(5),L(4),B(3),N(2),M(1)" or something like that.

They should use a virual numpad pressing fn+(any key), like "U(9),I(8),O(7),J(6),K(5),L(4),B(3),N(2),M(1)" or something like that.

this is what I meant by the pseudo numpad
I also know it would be very unreasonable to have it on a 11/14" as I said above but unlike other laptops this doesn't even have the pseudo one!

AeonSoul

I'm not sure if laptop keyboards might have an anti-ghosting mechanism, but that could be the reason why maybe. Just speculating. But moreover that's what you get for having normal sized keys, and not small ones.

PrinceDevil

Honestly, that was one of the reasons I was hesitant about the M14x...however the M17x just seemed too big and too heavy for everyday mobile use so I went for it. So far it hasn't been too big of a problem...

It is not a serious thing as I said but sometimes total absence of it is annoying. Oh well, on screen keyboard...

xGeorgexBP

If you require a numpad for frequent use, get a USB numpad. Or you may consider a bluetooth numpad.

PrinceDevil

Hmm, part of me wishes they kept the M15x instead. That can probably fit a numpad. The M17x is just too big.

yikes81

You get used to using the numbers in line at the top of the keypad. I hated it at first, but after a while its all good.