No RAM detected? (2 Beeps on Startup)

iAmZeta

Hi, I've had my Alienware X51 for over a year, and recently it has started to slow down and develop other problems. When I start up my X51, it powers on, but then emits 2 beeps.

I have not replaced the RAM recently. I tried both sticks of RAM in both sockets, and have had no luck in fixing this problem. Could it be my RAM or is it my motherboard?

Thanks.

Shakedaddy

EXACT same problem!! Please help

Wow! I'm having the EXACT same problem, at almost the same time as you? It started happening about a week ago. Maybe it was a driver we downloaded or something? (such as NVIDIA's latest driver)

Whenever I start my x51 I get the two beep sound which means a ram problem, I re-seated both ram sticks and tried leaving each one out to see if one is faulty, no matter what I do I get the two beep sound.

Anyone have any advice for us? Please help!

MattyB

Maybe try updating your BIOS. That can sometimes help with these sorts of things.

Shakedaddy

Thank you for your reply. Is there a way to update my BIOS if my computer cannot turn on? {Clarification: It starts up but just emits two beeps and doesnt do anything after that. Windows doesnt load up, etc.}